Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Shane Warne - RIP

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do we think there are intentional factual errors and relying on memory rather than wikipedia here...or just a parody [edit as per KZN below!]

What more could a man want in 1994? Well for starters it was 1993 and you were in Manchester not Nottingham. Perhaps he's gone with complete honesty that he wasn't going to look anything up and just write down how he remembered it. Which is perhaps as it should be. RIP Warney.

Wasn’t it Trusthouse Forte too??

Edit, maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
One of my best friends died recently and Ricky Ponting has helped me to understand how to express grief.I

RIP Fiona (the important one)

RIP Shane (the best bowler I ever saw)

Thanks Ricky (run out Pratt)

X

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Both those cardiologists are anti vaxxers. No surprise they came to that conclusion.
Some times I wonder why I have people on ignore. Then up pops a reply (yours) to some bollocks (his) to remind me.

Warne died from acute myocardial ischaemia on top of coronary atherosclerosis, resulting in ventricular fibrillation ('sudden cardiac death'), according to the reports. This is the single largest cause of death in the west. It is more likely in people with particular lifestyles. The idea that anti vaxxers, from a distance, can attribute this to a vaccine is ludicrous.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Both those cardiologists are anti vaxxers. No surprise they came to that conclusion.
Indeed. Also worth mentioning you can't look at a single case and jump to conclusions like that. The overwhelming body of evidence that's been gathered so far is:

- Yes, covid vaccines slightly increase the risk of certain conditions.
- BUT, covid itself increases those risks by far more.

And, therefore, the balance of risk vs benefit very firmly comes down in favour of having the vaccine being the better choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Also worth mentioning you can't look at a single case and jump to conclusions like that. The overwhelming body of evidence that's been gathered so far is:

- Yes, covid vaccines slightly increase the risk of certain conditions.
- BUT, covid itself increases those risks by far more.

And, therefore, the balance of risk vs benefit very firmly comes down in favour of having the vaccine being the better choice.
I have had a mild heart attack from furring of an artery but it won’t stop me having another covid vaccination, as you say the risks are minimal.

I won‘t dismiss the possibility of it happening though. Pays your money (or not in this case) take your chances.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have had a mild heart attack from furring of an artery but it won’t stop me having another covid vaccination, as you say the risks are minimal.

I won‘t dismiss the possibility of it happening though. Pays your money (or not in this case) take your chances.
Given that (initially at least) the target group for the vaccine was older people and people with an existing condition that made them more vulnerable, just by the law of averages it is inevitable that some of them died a few days after receiving the vaccine. Probably hundreds, given that the vaccine was given to millions of us. Coincidence does not prove a case for cause and effect - a huge majority will just have died because their time was up, nothing to do with the vaccine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here