Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At this moment, we have one fit CB. He's already got one yellow card, and showed last season, quite capable of getting a red card.
When players come back after a long term injury, they get niggles for a few weeks, so not always completely fit and in form. We need to replace Greer.

I don't agree - see other responses.

When we sign players we need to improve, not standstill or block the development of younger players. 3 senior, plus 2 very good youngsters and Hall with Scottish Prem experience is adequate in my view.

There are greater needs elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
But on that basis wouldn't you say the greater need is a forward then.

We have plenty of cover at the back.

We were the joint top scorers in the division last year I believe. A pacy striker in the Baldock mould who is a clinical finisher would be nice but I would say it's equally important we have 4 experienced CB's.

As for the Bruno argument some people are making, he is more cover for the fullback position. If Bong or Rosenior get injured he will be playing RB.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We were the joint top scorers in the division last year I believe. A pacy striker in the Baldock mould who is a clinical finished would be nice but I would say it's equally important we have 4 experienced CB's.

As for the Bruno argument some people are making, he is more cover for the fullback position. If Bong or Rosenior get injured he will be playing RB.

Fair enough, but I don't agree as previous.

We need something/somebody better than Baldock.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Embarrassment of riches at CB?.We currently have 3 out and out regular CB's after that a couple of untried kids. One CB who has been out for at least 8 months. Another attracting interest.

Where does that leave Godson? Currently i would put him as number 2 ahead of Uwe

Don't know how to keep them all happy? There's only 3 CB's. How many times has this same drivel been spouted by people like you? It's a squad game and a long season.
Aye it's the same as in midfield or if we had 4 up front ...rotation, injuries and suspensions ..we started off wive Greer and the German and ended with Dunk and Goldson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ifr you compare our goal scoring with the comparative time last season the addition of Murray has made this less of an issue but I would still like to see an alternative 4th Strtiker in the poacher mould I wouldnt be against going back for Wilson.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All of you saying we have greater needs elsewhere, have a listen to yourselves, we are short enough at the back that we are having to play a right back there.

Yes it's a gamble that so far, SO FAR, against two poor teams and Derby has paid off, who's to say Newcastle won't rip us a new one?

Yes Goldson and Uwe are back next month, but who's to say Dunk and Goldson won't be out together at some point, perhaps, like Bong and Rosenior last season for months?

Of course we need another CB, preferably a bloody good one, who will challenge the others.

Yes we have needs elsewhere, but what makes you think we won't sign a striker, or a no 10, just because we sign a Centre back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The basis of a good successful team is the defence get that right and you are halfway there so far so good. If bringing in another CB helps us continue I am all for it but please not Duffy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ifr you compare our goal scoring with the comparative time last season the addition of Murray has made this less of an issue but I would still like to see an alternative 4th Strtiker in the poacher mould I wouldnt be against going back for Wilson.

Wilson is going to Derby.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's funny because I watched him in the euros and thought he was EXCELLENT and thought to myself "A prem team will snap him up for sure".

If the last two completely freak matches means its been easier to get what is still an excellent defender then that's fine by me!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Whilst I agree Murray does make a big difference, my personal view is that Knockaert is zthe main reason why we are now able to score so many goals. Am I right in thinking that until we signed Knockaert in January we hadn't beaten a team by more than a single goal? All of a sudden we became this free scoring machine, not only does he score goals (I think 10+ if he stays this season) but his assists and space that creates is invaluable.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's funny because I watched him in the euros and thought he was EXCELLENT and thought to myself "A prem team will snap him up for sure".

If the last two completely freak matches means its been easier to get what is still an excellent defender then that's fine by me!

It's a bit like when the footballing world declared Lewis Dunk a joke when we lost the Liverpool in the cup. Players do have off days, and to be fair to Duffy, he's playing for an awful team managed by a dinosaur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here