Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There can't be too many worst performances than two own goals and getting sent off, but l seem to recall a guy called Baxter who played for Preston who also scored two own goals and also hit his own post when Brighton beat Preston 5-2 at the Goldstone in about 1976/7!!

...am trying to remember who scored twice at both ends....got a feeling it was someone like Alvin Martin.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looks past his best to me

image.jpg

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
@reluctantnicko

'Brighton expected to go to 4m for Shane Duffy at Blackburn today. No further comment...'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10541198/cardiff-2-1-blackburn

All looks intentional to me. Make your own minds up.
Definitely intended to get himself sent off at the end.

All three are sensationally bad. Both own goals are ridiculous - the first he shows the reaction time and first touch of a drugged elephant and the second...since when we defenders taught to head the ball low and hard at the goal when clearing?! - and the sending off is highly petulant at best. If I didn't find it hard to believe that a professional could stoop so low it wouldn't take much to convince me that all three were deliberate. Even if they weren't deliberate(and I hope they weren't) I'm not sure I want a player capable of performing so badly any where near the Albion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We've got three better centre halves than Duffy. But I'd be happy to have him as a 4th choice (or maybe 5th after Bruno). BUT If we are going to raid Blackburn, why not take their best player Marshall and play him at right back leaving Bruno as a 4th choice CB?

Where would that leave Bruno and Rosenior? Is Marshall better than them both?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Owen Coyle weaving his magic again I see. One decent job at Burnley and he's been rank pretty much everywhere else, how does he keep getting jobs??

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My Blackburn friend has text me to say that for Burton on Saturday they have T shirts printed with ' Venkys out, Coyle out, Duffy out' !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here