Shane Duffy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Apart from inevitably being 'undisclosed', does anybody have a vague idea how much the fee was? (if any, of course - we might have gone easy with Fulham after rinsing them for Knockaert!)
As per my post above it appears to be a free transfer with Fulham effectively taking over the last 6 months of his contract. I doubt they’d spend a fee on a player and only give him a 6 month deal.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Hero.

Dunk and Duffy for me is THE centre back pairing of the Amex era. To finally see us over the line of promotion and then to keep us up showed how good he was. They complimented each other perfectly, and surely helped Dunk become who he is today. Shane, you will be missed.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Shame to see him go but he deserves games.

Him and Dunk were a great partnership, our version of Vidic/Rio, Keown/Adams, Terry/Carvalho, Bruce/Pallister etc so many great memories of them clattering into the opposition, last ditch tackles and headers but also feel Duffy was underrated with his feet too.

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
Shane Duffy has been a legend for the club. Always thought Potter was a bit disrespectful to him when he came in. I loved the way he came back into the team against all odds, and scored that Great header against Watford first home game of last season. Great bloke on the town too. Will miss you Shane!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Shane has joined Norwich on a free transfer from Fulham. Hopefully he’ll get regular game time there as he’s not played much over the last couple of seasons and the big fella deserves it. Big part of why we got promoted and stayed up, without the likes of Shane Duffy we wouldn’t be where we are today.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good luck Shane.

As has been said, the D&D era was one of the best defensive partnerships in decades and one of the key reasons for our promotion and survival in the first couple of PL seasons.

And a really nice guy to boot

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Signed from Blackburn in 2016 for 4million a record signing for Brighton. Many though that was well overprice.... Well ha certaintainly paid that back many hundred times....

All the best Shane....

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I remember his first game against Brentford was it at home? Whoever it was he didn’t play very well and many were questioning him over Goldson at the time. But he turned into an absolute legend after that, what a guy aswell

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I remember his first game against Brentford was it at home? Whoever it was he didn’t play very well and many were questioning him over Goldson at the time. But he turned into an absolute legend after that, what a guy aswell
His debut was away at Newcastle, about 5 minutes after signing for the club! Brentford may well have been his first home game and I absolutely remember thinking that Goldson was being harshly sidelined. That opinion quickly changed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Me too….but do not pass out to him, on the deck, from the back :wink:
This. Oooo, it's such a complex game nowadays (copyright @Commander and a few equally-gullible others on here) that poor thick Shane wouldn't even begin to understand the multi-layered levels of modern day EPL complexity. It's like a three - nay, FOUR! - dimensional game of chess you absolute DINOSAURS! :bla: :bla:

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
An astute singing by David Wagner l think, Norwich and the way they play will very much suit Big Shane.

Hope his new local have a plentiful supply of Nigerian lager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports