Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Not sure that’s a great move for Shane to be honest…

Fulham obviously made it a permanent to accommodate the Soares loan, rather than actually wanting him (as he’s hardly featured, even when fit)

Genuinely thought a move to a Championship side would have been a more sensible option or his loan cancelled and him sent out to a Stoke or Blackburn.

Be interested to see the length of his contract on this one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure that’s a great move for Shane to be honest…

Fulham obviously made it a permanent to accommodate the Soares loan, rather than actually wanting him (as he’s hardly featured, even when fit)

Genuinely thought a move to a Championship side would have been a more sensible option or his loan cancelled and him sent out to a Stoke or Blackburn.

Be interested to see the length of his contract on this one.
When the move was first mooted, I assumed he would be immediately sent out on loan to the Championship, but by Fulham rather than us.

But, given it's now happening so late, that seems unlikely, which is a shame as he could do with playing at this stage of his career.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A very good servant to the club and very important player alongside Dunk in our PL promotion campaign, and subsequent Hughton years in the PL.

Seems a good move for all concerned, Shane gets to stay in the PL with a club who are doing very well and I’m sure won’t let the team down when he gets his chances.

Cheers Shane!! 🇮🇪

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This will allow Fulham to loan Duffy straight out yeh? They're not playing him and presumably both parties want him getting some football.

Can I just say ... Shane Duffy ... What a player for us. Unbelievable presence, put the fear of god into people, chipped in with vital goals and massive clearances. Absolutely love him and I will take part in giving him a massive ovation if he plays at the Amex again

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Has he gone for a fee?
No, his contract was up in June anyway and they’ve just signed him on a free. Also means they have to pay his full wages now, as we may have been contributing (but have no idea for sure).

Either way I wish him all the very best.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love the big man and sorry to see him go but won’t get a game here. Played a huge part in our progress and would be welcome back at any time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder what we got for him. You feel like Fulham’s situation would have presented a master poker player the chance to squeeze a few quid…
Fulham will feel they've got to get one back against us to compensate for Knockaert!

Edit - if they've got time to loan him out to Championship or League 1 that would be win win all round.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, his contract was up in June anyway and they’ve just signed him on a free. Also means they have to pay his full wages now, as we may have been contributing (but have no idea for sure).

Either way I wish him all the very best.
I assume he's been signed on a 6 month contract (same length as was remaining with us)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here