Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I note Duffy managed to play for his current club despite the transfer speculation/imminent move ... although the numerous own goals, red card and scoring an extra time winning cup goal might suggest his recent concentration levels have been rather erratic.

Perhaps a pre transfer hold or 'extra training' might have been a better option ..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't think the first reply was a lecture. Odd reply. Ill leave you to it chap.

No offence intended. I've probably been reading too many of Davemania's posts! Quite happy with different opinions, but some have been getting a bit heated on here lately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, quite. But if you look back, I was commenting on the posts suggesting that Duffy coming in was to pave the way for Dunk to leave.

Four quality CBs is my ideal too - though tbh I think I'd rather have a quality season long loan, a la Upson, to cover until White/Hall/Dallison are ready to step up, rather than shelling out £4.5 million and a three year contract. Just my opinion - feel free to disagree, but I don't need a lecture about it![/QUOTE]

I agree but it seems that CH sees Duffy as the future and also the present.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two players for every position. Good healthy competition, cover for suspensions, and injuries.

Makes common sense.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Duffy is a bit of a gamble. Rohan Ince is the more experienced player, who has played more games at Championship level.

I don't know why I am bothering as I know you won't reply, but jesus ****ing wept. You just make crap up as you go along and don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Rohan Ince has started 50 games for us and made 22 sub appearances in the league, I'm pretty certain all those appearances were as a central midfielder. He's also played 8 games and 2 sub appearances for Fulham.

Shane Duffy has started 62 games for Blackburn, with one sub appearance all at Championship level. He's also played 37 games for Yeovil at this level, and 1 for Burnley.

So Duffy is the more experienced player at this level, which doesn't even take into account that Rohan Ince has never played Championship football as a centre back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Coincidence or planned that Danny Holla's departure frees up Duffy's preferred (Blackburn) squad number 22 for him to slot in to.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No offence intended. I've probably been reading too many of Davemania's posts! Quite happy with different opinions, but some have been getting a bit heated on here lately.

Fair play. None taken! For what it's worth I agree with you. It's a lot of money for someone who in my eyes is 3rd choice. Can only assume that CH sees him as having more chance of stepping up if we get promoted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coincidence or planned that Danny Holla's departure frees up Duffy's preferred (Blackburn) squad number 22 for him to slot in to.

My guess would be coincidence. I think that if we were breaking our transfer record to bring in a player, and he was insisting on the 22 shirt, then Holla, if still here, would quietly be re-numbered!

Didn't something like that happen when Zamora came in last season?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Doesn't this have to be done before noon today? Or is it 5pm?

[tweet]769117559002136576[/tweet]

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#L2PIMAIH5tVAuJlr.99

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1pm I think. But is he suspended having been sent off against Cardiff last week?

Served 1 match suspension

SECTION 6 - PLAYERSAuthor: EFL
Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match

Here is the rule but it took me longer to coipy and paste it than supaseagull :)

I think it was 5pm for loans to play that evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports