Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is he? Why did Stockdale get the shirt back at the weekend then? And Sidwell and Kayal? And why was Hemed swapped with Baldock?

Hughton has often rotated his players to an extent, and he'll do the same with our central defenders.

I guess Stockdale is clear first choice in CH's eyes, NP was OK without being outstanding, and the others are probably rotational due to volume of games - we'll probably see more of it if we have a better squad I suppose. Good to be able to.......

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Wasn't he, statistically, the best defender in the air last season?

A full international and only 24. Rumours of a few premier league teams sniffing around.

In today's market £4m sounds like a very good price for us.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Hasn't he deleted his Twitter account?
No idea. Personally I can't see what's so contentious about supporting the Royal Academy (RA). If he wants to be a patron of the Arts that's up to him. At least it shows we've signed someone with a bit of culture.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Do you want to elaborate on that? Or is it just conceited bollocks

In what way is what I said 'conceited'?
He's been an integral part of the worst defence in August. He scored three own goals in a week and then got sent off for booting the ball at an opponent.

Feel free to counter that with anything other than vague insinuation.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In what way is what I said 'conceited'?
He's been an integral part of the worst defence in the Championship this season. He scored three own goals in a week and then got sent off for booting the ball at an opponent.

Feel free to counter that.

Sure, i'll counter it. Do you rate Dunk?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He is.

I don't understand the logic of "he cost 4m (even though that's likely to include addons) so Dunk must be off".

We haven't replaced GG yet.
Indeed he would be Greer's replacement.

That doesn't necessarily mean Dunk won't be OFF, but if that happens another central defender will come in.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sure, i'll counter it. Do you rate Dunk?

Exactly, all players make mistakes/have bad matches - good signing for me and means we have excellent competition and cover at CB. Now we need to get that no. 10 position sorted.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Possibly, but the need for equally good cover in all positions is paramount, so this is an excellent signing confirmed. There is no way in the world we will have all of dunk, Goldson and Uwe available for every game from here, and the latter two have to prove themselves fully recovered in any event. We could lose several points between now and then, this might help prevent that happening. Also, if a Dunk/Duffy partnership works very well, Goldson will have to play his way back in again (probably when Dunk gets his first Red) - Hughton is very big on the players 'in possession' keeping the shirt.

Is it a lot of cash ? Hell yes. Does it further confirm TB's ambitions ? Absolutely. We should be over the moon if this happens as it's a real statement of intent (assuming Dunk isn't leaving of course)

It's a fair post actually, right now it doesn't look like it's a worthy investment but in a few months time it might look a genius piece of business. It certainly means we have plenty of defensive strength in the squad and a good range of ages and experience as well. I'd be interested in the thoughts of Dunk, Goldson, Hünemeier, White and Hall though - just to see what they're thinking about it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That's not a counter. It's an irrelevant question.
Try again.

It's quite relevant. So i'll assume you rate our best CB.

How many howlers has Dunk had in his past, without even his head being turned which Duffy's obviously has?

You're berating a player based on a couple of games. What about last season?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's not a counter. It's an irrelevant question.
Try again.

Dunk/Stephens/Bruno etc were part of a team that nearly went down under poor management.Does that make them bad players ? Venky's have a poor history of sacking managers and hiring duffers. I doubt there's any good feel factor about that club. Fans constantly protesting and there best players sold off repeatedly.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
CqyLQBvWIAAHL3t.jpg:large

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here