Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you SEEN Ince play CB? It's like a concussed Bambi on a skating rink.

It's because he plays like that, it fools the opposition too, so he's impossible to mark! He can tackle well, has some great passes but is inconsistent. He can make awful mistakes which cost us.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
£4M for a 4th choice CB with an attitude problem. Utterly ridiculous. I'd sooner have White and Ince as cover than this complete waster.

You want to pass up the chance of a good standard International centre half, and leave it to a promising 18yo who was humiliated by a L1 striker last night and a player whose eye-foot coordination seems to take a hit as each season passes, oh and is new to heading.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to most he was awful last night.

Do you really think that is an opinion? You are quoting what you think a few people on Nsc have posted and that's 'according to most'!

You are entitled to your opinion, but have an opinion of your own, not an opinion of other people's opinion.

For what it's worth, I watched him live yesterday evening, and thought he did reasonably well. That's an opinion.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Have you SEEN Ince play CB? It's like a concussed Bambi on a skating rink.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that Ince would be a good option as CB, my point was made more to emphasise the point I think Duffy would be a massive mistake for us, especially at the money quoted. I know everyone has their own opinions and it seems the majority on here seem in favour of signing Duffy, which is fine, maybe they've seen him play more than I have, granted I've only witnessed maybe 8-10 matches he's played, so maybe there's more to him than I've seen, potential does remain something tricky to judge. That said I just can't help remembering CKR.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cannot believe the club have let it come to this,we've known Uwe and Goldson are long term injuries so we start the season with one recognised CB,unbelievable.
This Winstanley character is proving to be a useless **** like Burke.

It is frustrating but I do get the clubs viewpoint.

Unfortunately if it was anyone but Newcastle away on Saturday then we'd prob not be so worried.

We took the gamble and Rosenior injury has cost us. We've got away with it from game 1 though so could of been so much worse.

Just going up there with a back line crisis is not what you need at all.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'd expect he's coming in as 3rd choice ahead of Uwe, to play the next month alongside Dunk and then come in any time either Dunk or Goldson are injured or more likely suspended/rested.

He's 24, very experienced (in our league) and plays for a good International team.

He had 2 rubbish games after likely being told he's off but has to stay until a replacement is found (Blackburn had next to nothing at the back left) but has played loads and loads of great games. I'd be very happy with him in the stripes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd expect he's coming in as 3rd choice ahead of Uwe, to play the next month alongside Dunk and then come in any time either Dunk or Goldson are injured or more likely suspended/rested.

He's 24, very experienced (in our league) and plays for a good International team.

He had 2 rubbish games after likely being told he's off but has to stay until a replacement is found (Blackburn had next to nothing at the back left) but has played loads and loads of great games. I'd be very happy with him in the stripes.

Not exactly a good international team as it comprises mainly of players who cant get anywhere near the England team but as you say he i s only 24 so time to improve but £4m is a lot of money.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Good international team? I know someone who would disagree. Same level as Andorra you know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here