Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame On You Celtic

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm all finished here, TB. My work is done. You carry on if you want but you might need a bigger shovel if you're going to carry on digging such big holes for yourself.

There's big holes in Newcastle, Australia, it's a mining town you see, a place where a lot of immigrants from the UK and Ireland came for work.

You should have known that before you tried to act smart :thumbsup:

Maybe you can use that shovel of yours to help dig up a few more holes.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Your comments of sectarianism in Dundee and Edinburgh are miles wide of the mark. You'll find sectarianism in Edinburgh really doesn't run very deep, and if you're a protestant from Leith you're far more likely to follow Hibs than Hearts from across the city. Indeed, if you go to Hibs site (as I do frequently), you will find that Celtic are actually disliked more than Rangers there. Celtic view Hibs patronisingly like a little brother, but Hibs simply consider themselves an Edinburgh football team that was founded by Irish priests, and that's where it ends. They resent the Celtic assumption that they are somehow brothers in arms, and you won't find that sort of banner doing the rounds at Easter Road, or any sectarian songs either.

Really I don't think so ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_S0zzt1v6I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLCX8nJVtE&feature=related

Just check You Tube mate quite a few IRA Hibs vids and Hearts singing Loyalist songs. It's not just the Old Firm it's the a big part of Scottish football culture.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it very interesting that you chose to add that to this thread.

I really didn't think it was worth starting a new thread on, perhaps it would have been better to add it to a Lennon thread - presumably there is one floating about.

The intention was not to tarnish all fans with the behaviour of one/a few.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I really didn't think it was worth starting a new thread on, perhaps it would have been better to add it to a Lennon thread - presumably there is one floating about.

The intention was not to tarnish all fans with the behaviour of one/a few.

Fair enough - just can't help thinking that, given the sentiments put forward in the rest of this thread, some idiots will choose to link the events and perhaps even justify this, when they are completely unrelated. There are loads of threads on NSC about Neil Lennon and Celtic, including ones more recent than this.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
What does 'BLOOSTAINED' mean?

Banner FAIL.[/QUOT

They think they are being clever by saying BLOOstained , as in Blue and not Bloodstained. Pretty clever that lot. That mob are the filthiest of the filth. Wouldn't surprise me that they try and talk their way out of this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFx5PORkc6w.......it sickens me to my core to listen to this scum....."Classic chant from the Knumskulls, if you've got no home of your own then go on home, eh, think about it, I know that will be tough but you have totally and seriously mugged yourselves off !! I'll think you'll find having heard that disgusting behaviour there are no more excuses for the manky mob. Celtic fans with their everyone loves us approach just sickens me and its there, clear as day on video.

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Utterly appauling, Why didn't the stewards do anything when they started unfurling that?

Because they are in on it, the bigotry from Celtic Park is infamous, only BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB not to fly the UNION JACK, they call it passion. I would ask anyone to visit that shithole and realise what they are really like. Perfect example in pre-season friendly against Arsenal previously posted 129

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Because they are in on it, the bigotry from Celtic Park is infamous, only BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB not to fly the UNION JACK, they call it passion. I would ask anyone to visit that shithole and realise what they are really like. Perfect example in pre-season friendly against Arsenal previously posted 129

Every club has bigots though.

You actually sound bigoted against them...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, why has this thread been bounced? Remembrance Sunday come round again already?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Truly embarassing for all decent Celtic fans. By all means have a view on the history but those fighting now and in the two world wars deserve respect.

I understand that the club have launched a proper formal investigation and a supporters' group who were leading the objections has had their association revoked.

Not true, just John "slippery" Reid saying what he thinks we want to hear. They are still up to their antics

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
As a Celtic fan second only to the beloved Albion and someone who has been to his fair share of games up North of the border I find this fascination with Celtic so amusing. I am not condoning the banners produced and also fully condone the Celtic board for looking to kick these idiots out but there is a lot of history here and something you need to understand thoroughly before you go on and on. To be perfectly honest the vast majority of Celtic supporters would distance themselves from this behaviour but look at Scottish football and you will find divides in a number of clubs even at lower levels. Don't forget Rangers will also sing sectarian songs and there are places in and out of Glasgow that as a Celtic supporter I would be as popular as Fat Boy slim suddenly sporting a Palarse shirt at our games. Come to that matter I know of a few places in Sussex that I would be deeply unpopular if I was rumbled as a Celtic supporter. As for Edinburgh most die hard Catholics would still be seen at Parkhead and not Hibs or certainly Hearts.

So, it remains a talking point and yes, I hate bigotry - I have been on the receiving end of it myself but for some of you - do your homework first.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
These threads really are SO boring.

SOME Celtic fans are thick ****s
SOME Rangers fans are thick ****s

It really is that simple isn't it? How is the above played out for 9 pages?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here