Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Severe weather warning issued

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The fence that I put up 20 years ago is still standing. It makes you kind of proud.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No trains or buses here. A259 closed at East Dean.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
image.jpg
Tiles smashed on pavement - check
Big **** off hole in roof - check
Merry Christmas :ffsparr:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Uckfield flood barriers have gone up and shop owners are currently trying to make their shops safe. Also there is lots of activity on the side road with cars coming and going.

image.jpg

This was the scene earlier this morning at the Mill. The Uck hasn't burst it's banks, but got very close. The water level seems to have been fairly constant for a few hours - it may have even dropped slightly. I think we are in for some more rain later, so it could get interesting again. Doors to the Mill have now been sand-bagged!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lost whole line of fencing at about 4am this morning. Was always bound to go as has been "wobbly" for a year now.

Was a relief to hear it finally crash at 4am and the knocking against the conservatory end.

Drove around 6 fallen trees, a CHAIR and 2 bins on the way to work. Made it a little more fun.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Here in Creepy I've lost 3 fence panels so not bad, but my in laws who live in ifield are right next to the river mole which has burst it's banks. Before work I had to go round there to crank open the gate so that they can actually get out of their property! Luckily there house has been built above ground level (insurance company wouldn't ensure them otherwise as it flooded once in that area before they built it) so luckily the house is fine, the water is running underneath the house. However as the gates and garage doors are electric they have no power. Hence the cranking! Walked past the Police and Fire crews who were evacuating the old peoples home next door to them.

The thing that really sucks is if they don't get power by tomorrow, that's all the food in their freezer wasted so no family get together for a big feast! grrrr!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
View attachment 49726

This was the scene earlier this morning at the Mill. The Uck hasn't burst it's banks, but got very close. The water level seems to have been fairly constant for a few hours - it may have even dropped slightly. I think we are in for some more rain later, so it could get interesting again. Doors to the Mill have now been sand-bagged!

I hope my good work holds up!
Was with lisa about 7-30 it was running to the bottom of the girders on the car park bridge then high tide will tell if it backs all the water up from barcombe. Lookimg by the sluce gate car park it had been higher but judging by the water levels at buxted ( record highs) the worst could be around 4 this afternoon with all the run of draining down.

Good luck lankey !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here