Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Severe weather warning issued

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
River Adur seems to be the only one in Sussex without a Flood Alert. Compensation for last week?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Might be the least of the webcam owners worries soon !!

My boss is the building owner. I'm a key holder. My phone hasn't rung yet and I'm the nearest person able to get to the building - almost expecting a call!

Fortunately, there's nothing too valuable on the ground floor after the experience of 2000's flood. The webcam is one of our tenants on the first floor - it's inside one of the windows, hence the rain blurring the picture.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My boss is the building owner. I'm a key holder. My phone hasn't rung yet and I'm the nearest person able to get to the building - almost expecting a call!

Fortunately, there's nothing too valuable on the ground floor after the experience of 2000's flood. The webcam is one of our tenants on the first floor - it's inside one of the windows, hence the rain blurring the picture.

Uckfield flood barriers have gone up and shop owners are currently trying to make their shops safe. Also there is lots of activity on the side road with cars coming and going.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Erm...how fast are hurricane-force winds?
I've never heard wind like it in my life. Never.
Admitedly, smack bang on the seafront but still!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Second power cut of the night in Ashington, our street is completely black.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lost a couple of roof tiles just now, frightened the crap out of me and mrs scoffers

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Only thing keeping our fence panels up is the garden bench they're leaning on. Still, this is a breeze compared to 87.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Popped outside to find roof tiles scattered all over the street.
Lights starting to flicker.
Must ease off soon.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Must ease off soon.

It's a fast moving storm, we had it earlier this evening in Devon, we were being absolutely battered one minute then ten minutes later there was hardly a breeze. It's all calm here now. Can't sleep though as our front door got ripped off its hinges so our house is open to anyone at the moment.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Probably some of the worst gusts ive ever heard (i slept through 1987 storm) Still blowing a hoolie out there at 4am and lashing it down with rain. Can see this being a bit of a mess in the morning.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hopefully the worst of the wind has passed Sussex, but there's still some heavy rain to clear

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I got to drive to Portsmouth from hove only to have a team meeting then come back home at midday. But getting breakfast supplied on arrival. But still the drive going to be poo

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It looks like West Sussex may be clear of the worst of the rain, but the East Sussex coast into Kent is seeing some very intense rain

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A22 closed at East Grinstead.
A272 closed in a few places.
A259 closed at the Kingsway.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
All southern train cancelled and the gatwick express.

Incident created
23/12/2013 08:25
Last updated
24/12/2013 04:24
Route affected
All Southern routes and Gatwick Express services

TOC(s) affected
Gatwick Express; Southern;
Description
Flooding and damage to rail infrastructure following strong winds and heavy rain on Monday 23 December is disrupting services.
Due to the number of blockages on the line, all Southern services are currently suspended and it isn't know when they will start. Passengers are advised not to travel.

Twitter hashtag: #UKStorm
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bugger, a large section of our fence is now laying in the back garden, hopefully one of our neighbours has a chainsaw, great start to the day......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here