Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question for the Palace fans on here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know their attendances are still poor if crawley continue their rise up the leagues this will impact on palace far more than us as traditionally it has been a palace town

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Am I the only person who quite likes Selhurst Park?? It's old school and in a residential area, not some sanitised bowl on the outskirts of town. Not that I dont like the amex, but selhurst has character.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
What can you say? I'm as disappointed and disgusted about the attendance last night as you appear to be. Brighton at home, biggest game of the season for me. Been looking forward to it since the fixtures came out. f***ing hell, what an anti-climax. Police over-kill, away fans down the opposite end of the ground next to the family/dead stand, we couldn't hear you, you couldn't hear us, shit boring game. We left the ground to be confronted by a 15 foot metal wall blocking us from walking to our own pubs/cars/trains/buses. Led around to South Norwood and met 2 lines of riot police who kept us in the street by the clock tower for 30 odd minutes....And we were at home. f***ing excellent.

Maybe those who stayed indoors did the right thing afterall?

Police are certainly doing their best to kill off any rivalry.

VKWzL.jpg

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This thread is weird. 1 night after a derby and we are getting on better than we ever have. Makes a nice change. Still hate Palace though :ffsparr:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Your wrong, its in fact the very high Ticket prices, most of us just simply cant afford it, no shame in that.

There's no shame in not being able to afford to attend in the current economic climate I agree. However Dick Knights Mum said that behind the goal at the Amex was £24. My ticket behind the goal last night was £22.50 which, however you choose to look at it, is slightly cheaper.

Personally I think it's a whole combination of factors but one that hasn't been mentioned is the sheer fatigue and depression of two periods of administration when fighting for the very survival of the club was a massive emotional drain. Now that stress has lifted and stability has returned to the club things that were completely unimportant then have now come swinging back into focus; unexciting football, the inadequacies of the old but beloved Selhurst Park, shit policing etc. and it's all a tad depressing. Your lot being on the up with a spanking new stadium and doing well in the league hasn't exactly helped lift the gloom either. The one huge improvement has been in the quality of the support which has been getting better and better but you would never have known that from last night as we were as subdued as I cam remember for a long while. A hangover from the semi final defeat maybe? Who knows?

The one gleaming light of hope we do have is our joint owners who, as well as being lifelong Palace fans and individually extremely wealthy, are demonstrating themselves to be astute at running a football club. That and our Acadamy.

Don't write us off just yet. :)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Not sure if this has been posted, as I haven't read the whole thread, but would you take Warnock back? I know he's heavily linked with Dirty Leeds tonight (thankfully I haven't heard of Gus being linked; the other name was di Matteo), but has he burnt his bridges by going to QPR?

Fans wise, I think Palace's problem is that Croydon is largely a Chelsea town, so there is possibly not that much local support in any case. Much of our support has always come from outside Brighton, and a large part of Sussex has at least latent Albion support which has now come back (Clapham Gull will tell you what has happened in the Heathfield/Burwash area). Surrey again is largely Chelsea. Even so, not that long ago, you were getting 17,000 for most games. Is it just boring football and high ticket prices? (certainly £30 for a tumble down old stand like the Arthur Wait is a rip off, though Pompey was the same, and the concourse is positively dangerous; it reminded me of the away end at Watford).

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Can i ask what the most expensive ticket at the amex is?

I think we charge £30 on a game-by-game basis for the West Stand Lower, which is normally the only area which has individual tickets available. The North Stand, where I sit, was £24 for Newcastle, which I think is the only Cup game we've charged full price for (apologies if this has already been posted; as I said, I've not yet read the whole thread).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
f*** OFF PALACE, PALACE f*** OFF.

Sorry about that, just felt this thread needed a bit of balance and perspective.

Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here