Serious disturbance in Enfield right now

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Here you go.

This applies to the borough of Haringey, not just Tottenham, by the way. Not sure if that makes a lot of difference as Haringey isn't exactly a rich area is it?

Population (2008 est.)
- Total 226,200
- Rank 60th (of 326)
- Density 19,799.1/sq mi (7,644.5/km2)

- Ethnicity[1]
47.6% White British
3.6% White Irish
14.1% Other White
1.4% White & Black Caribbean
0.8% White & Black African
1.2% White & Asian
1.3% Other Mixed
3.0% Indian
1.3% Pakistani
1.6% Bangladeshi
1.7% Other Asian
8.3% Black Caribbean
9.1% Black African
1.3% Other Black
1.5% Chinese
2.2% Other

Fair enough - I was assuming you were taking your figures from the 2001 census as the 2011 figs won't be released for a while...

Total 2001 Population: 109473
Born outside UK: 43.4%
White: 55.1%
Black: 28.6%
Asian: 7.6%
Mixed: 4.9%
Other: 3.7%

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was working in and around that area last year. It's true some areas are not great but in truth they're no better or worse than plenty of other areas both in and outside of London. When was the last time there was a full scale riot in Whitehawk ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Interesting how the media always call it "looting".

It's STEALING, ffs. In fact, assuming the premises are closed at the time, it actually constitutes burglary, which could warrant a prison sentence.

I don't care what someone's gripe with society is, half of the stuff this weekend is nothing more than greedy, cowardly, thieving toerags masking their faces and looking for things to steal. It's shameful, and it's not even as though they're going after just the giant chainstores. They're robbing small, local shops too, for crying out loud. Run by local people from the Tottenham area who've probably worked their butts off half their lives for little reward, only for gangs of utter pondlife to smash their way in and help themselves to the contents of the shelves.

Absolutely.

As for the story that will whip things up further - the bullet in the radio being police issue & therefore there was possibly no shoot out - well, there doesn't seem to be any dispute the guy was carrying a gun. It may have been in a sock apparently. Of course nobody wants the police shooting people dead indiscriminately but this is not one of those distressing cases where the victim was unarmed. If you decide to carry a weapon in Britain then you may have to live (or rather not live) with the consequences.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In the Bradford riots of 2001, people were tried under the crime "act of riot" which encompassed burglary/violent disorder - it was only premeditated serious crime such as arson which was tried in addition to the "act of riot". I think the same thing will happen here, and - as I said in the other post - I hope that they are all given very stiff sentences as with the asians in 2001.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Absolutely.

As for the story that will whip things up further - the bullet in the radio being police issue & therefore there was possibly no shoot out - well, there doesn't seem to be any dispute the guy was carrying a gun. It may have been in a sock apparently. Of course nobody wants the police shooting people dead indiscriminately but this is not one of those distressing cases where the victim was unarmed. If you decide to carry a weapon in Britain then you may have to live (or rather not live) with the consequences.

Exactly, all of a sudden the local community leaders seem to be painting this 'victim' as a near saint but how come a 'saint' is carrying a gun ? Whatever the Police did it leaves the credibility of these upstanding figures rather in doubt.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That's so odd seeing the local HMV I browse in regularly, being plundered like that. Would never have imagined it, whereas Tottenham...

They have clearly chosen to target the most upmarket shopping area in the Enfield, Haringey boroughs. Loads of police sirens audible last night from my house and talk of Waltham Cross being attacked; can't really understand why though, who would stoop as low as looting Poundland and without KFC the little sxxts would probably starve.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I must admit it was half inched from a pic someone else put on Facebook so that makes me a thief and therefore lawless i must be shot ha ha !!!

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Exactly, all of a sudden the local community leaders seem to be painting this 'victim' as a near saint but how come a 'saint' is carrying a gun ? Whatever the Police did it leaves the credibility of these upstanding figures rather in doubt.

Without ethnic, racial, religious tension these people would not have anything to do. They encourage separation for their own benefit.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
They have clearly chosen to target the most upmarket shopping area in the Enfield, Haringey boroughs. Loads of police sirens audible last night from my house and talk of Waltham Cross being attacked; can't really understand why though, who would stoop as low as looting Poundland and without KFC the little sxxts would probably starve.

Yes that's a bit close to you isn't it? Waltham Cross seems a bizarre one. It's like hearing it's all kicked off in Lancing!!!

Drove around today and Enf town is still cordoned off. Enf' retail park was hit (sports retailer and Curry's by the look of it).

SeagullAA

Dec 19, 2005
Thugs are planning on descending on Lewisham and Bromley tonight. Maybe there will be more at Brixton.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Noticed a photo of a cashpoint which had been ripped out of a wall in Tottenham on Saturday night. Beside it, someone had sprayed "RIP Mark" in black paint.

How utterly shameless, to use the death of a man, whatever his status in life, to justify thieving in that way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I noticed in one of the images of PC World, or Currys, whatever, it was all the display models that had been nicked.

Keep your eyes on eBay for loads of dirty, fingerprint marked laptops, complete with crude penises and "Kelly heart Tyrone" scrawled on the MS Paintbrush screens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports