Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seph Blatter calls Eduardo challenge 'an attack'.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cantona was banned for 9 games (?) for jumping into the crowd using that criteria Taylor should be banned for 6 months.

Completely and utterly different. How on earth can you compare an assaulting kung-fu kick on a fan, leaping into the stands to do it, with a late, mistimed, no malice intended tackle.
Using that criteria you make out that Taylor's sole intention was to hurt Eduardo and set out to break his leg.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Sepp Blatter must be living in a bubble, he's an absolute JOKE. What he knows about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

There was no intent in that tackle at all, of course it was mistimed, and a bit sloppy, but i have no doubt that he didnt mean to snap the guy's leg in 2!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
so the tackle a chelsea player did last week was ok, that was studs in half way up the leg, and that went unpuinished

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
He was going for the ball as much as I am going to Abbey National Bank which opens on Monday. Eventually I would get there. Taylor had less chance of getting the ball than I do of getting to the bank.

It was a horendouse career threatening tackle for which he should have been given a much longer ban.

If these type of tackles received a lengthy ban then players would not be encourged to make them. Cantona was banned for 9 games (?) for jumping into the crowd using that criteria Taylor should be banned for 6 months.

It was a late tackle and it was clumsy
If you're going to use that criteria to ban players most of the Albion's squad would be banned and indeed most football players would be banned. With the exception of Wendy cos he never tackled full stop you cannot name a footballer who's never made a late or a clumsy tackle.
Stop trying for the conspiracy theory angle on this one - it was an ACCIDENT !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
FIFA looking at the challenge now to see if the ban was adequate!!!

from BBC website:
Fifa to look at Taylor challenge

Taylor insists his challenge was clumsy rather than malicious
Fifa president Sepp Blatter wants to examine Martin Taylor's leg-breaking challenge on Eduardo to see if his three-match ban should be extended.
Birmingham defender Taylor has insisted the challenge was clumsy not malicious.

But Blatter has said he will contact the Football Association to release the disciplinary file of the incident.

"We have the right to ask national associations to give us the file - and if we feel the suspension is not enough we will come back on that," he said.

Eduardo suffered a double compund fracture of his left leg and will miss the rest of the season as well as Croatia's Euro 2008 campaign.

The Arsenal striker has accepted it was an accident after meeting Taylor in the Birmingham hospital where he underwent surgery, but Blatter clearly has other views.

606: DEBATE
Talk of Fifa imposing a further ban on Taylor is ridiculous.

northlondongooner

Speaking at a meeting of the International FA board in Gleneagles, he added: "I told the International Board that a player who is deliberately attacking another player and tries to demolish a player should be banned.

"And not only for three matches but temporarily banned or a life ban depending on the severity of the attack.

"Why the hell should footballers demolish each other?"

Blatter's comments follow those of Cristiano Ronaldo, who complained at his lack of protection during Manchester United's surprise FA Cup defeat by Portsmouth on Saturday.

The Portuguese winger said he was "scared" to play his natural game due to some of the tackles he has to contend with in games.

"Sometimes I say that this is the best league in the world, but sometimes they don't protect the skilful players," he said.

"After what happened to the Arsenal player Eduardo da Silva, I am scared to do my skills.

"Sometimes they just protect the defenders and I am thinking about having to change my game because it is difficult to play like that."

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
I do not believe that there is any conspiracy just a case of a diabolical tackle and he intended to stop Eduardo at any cost, which he achieved.

Utter nonsence! And now we have Ronaldo on the back pages harping on about how he fears he maybe crippled if does not get any protection! f*** off and play Futsal then you big girls blouse!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How long would Roy Keane have been banned for?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was a late tackle and it was clumsy
If you're going to use that criteria to ban players most of the Albion's squad would be banned and indeed most football players would be banned. With the exception of Wendy cos he never tackled full stop you cannot name a footballer who's never made a late or a clumsy tackle.
Stop trying for the conspiracy theory angle on this one - it was an ACCIDENT !

Now THAT is a fair comment
Too many people are reacting to the outcome of the tackle rather than the takle itself - you can see plenty worse in many games especially as you go lower down the league.

I liked the comment that Blatter should keep his nose out of things that don't concern him - like football perhaps? :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a worse tackle by a Sunderland player on Stephen Pienaar of Everton yesterday, made you wince when you looked at it.

Pienaar walked away and was lucky he didn't break his leg: I don't see Blatter sticking his oar in on that one.

Nor, strangely enough, do I see The Sun's photographers staking out the Sunderland training ground today, looking for further evidence of the player's "crime", like they did with Martin Taylor. Heaven forbid anyone should suggest they're only interested when the victim plays for one of the top clubs...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was a worse tackle by a Sunderland player on Stephen Pienaar of Everton yesterday, made you wince when you looked at it.

Pienaar walked away and was lucky he didn't break his leg: I don't see Blatter sticking his oar in on that one.

Nor, strangely enough, do I see The Sun's photographers staking out the Sunderland training ground today, looking for further evidence of the player's "crime", like they did with Martin Taylor. Heaven forbid anyone should suggest they're only interested when the victim plays for one of the top clubs...

Its because his leg wasn`t broken that there has not been so much fuss but it was the worst tackle I have seen for a while - certainly worse than Taylors. By Roy Keanes standards though it was a fair attempt.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I think that the tackle on Eduardo needs to act as a platform to look at the bigger issue.....we do see tackles like this every weekend.....and it is wrong....it isnt and shouldnt be part of the game....unfortunately it takes a specific event to act as the catalyst to make changes.

Blatter may be an idiot...but the FA have turned blind eye and taken no action....I would rather he got involved than nothing happened at all!

Sepp Blatter needs to be SECTIONED

Sepp Blatter should be vivisectioned. When a Scotsman says Blatter is anti-English it would suggest that we aren't simply imagining it.

This is the twat who will decide where the World Cup will be held. Let me think-England? nein! Ve vill award it to Germany. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here