Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seph Blatter calls Eduardo challenge 'an attack'.

che

Nov 24, 2007
Double hard bastard wrote:
HTML:
How is this man who knows nothing about football in charge of the game? He is a complete fuckwit!
:clap:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
This has pissed me off so much I've sent FIFA an e mail demanding his HEAD.

I am absolutely disgusted with the comments made by Sepp Blatter, referring to the tackle made by Martin Taylor as an 'attack'. It shows once again Sepp has simply no idea about the game of football, and his comments continue to degrade the game time and again.

The challenge and resulting injury was an ACCIDENT - as all associated with Arsenal and Eduardo himself agree. Such challenges and injuries are never pleasant, however they will happen in the game, and the tackle was clearly in no way malicious - just mistimed.

Taylor must be feeling bad enough already, however the head of world football essentially branding him a criminal is outrageous - It could be argued that the challenge did not even deserve a red card!.

Yes punish malicious play, but Blatter is sadly deluded if he believes that was the case in this instance. Blatter needs to go - he is pretty much a laughing stock amongst real football fans and his comments are continually riddled with stupidity.

Thanks, Dom

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Blatter is obviously in minority here (for very good reason), but it's surprising / worrying how many key figures in the international game share his view that football should be a non-contact sport:tosser:.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Sepp Blatter should keep his nose out of things that do not concern him
This is an English matter and should be (and has been) dealt with by the English FA. Nobody is asking Blatter for his ruling or guidance therefore he should keep his long trunk out of it. Football is a contact sport - accidents happen. Look at the tackles that broke Gerry Ryan's leg/Charlie Oatway's ankle - did we go bleating to FIFA about it. Did FIFA even get involved - of course they didn't. It's only because it's bloody Arsenal and they're "one of the big four" that it even got mentioned. The tackle that ended David Busst's career was even worse than that which has sidelined Eduardo but he played for Coventry -a non fashionable team- so nobody was interested. The injury was also caused by players from "one of the big four" so they couldn't possibly be guilty now could they ?
It ain't what you know it's who you know

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Blatter is no friend of the English game. Is he Welsh?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I agree totally that Blatter is a complete muppet and knows very little about the game.....however I dont agree that the FA have dealt with this issue...the issue is not the tackle itself...but the underlying issue that caused the injury which is that teams go out with instructions/intent to "rough up" opponents that they are not good enough to compete against....unfortunately for Taylor he is so useless he could even do that properly and Eduardo suffered the consequences.....accidents do happen and Taylor did not intend to break Eduado's leg but he did intend to stick one on him....steps can be taken to minimise the chances of things like this happening....unless the culprits are punished this form of violence wil never be driven from the game.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Don't agree with that at all, he was going for the ball.

If there was no intent at all then Taylor is an even worse player than I thought.....may be he should have to go to tackling school and not be allowed to play until he isnt a danger to other players.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now that one by Rooney just then in the Pompey game was an attack. Bloody lucky no contact was made.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't agree with that at all, he was going for the ball.

He was going for the ball as much as I am going to Abbey National Bank which opens on Monday. Eventually I would get there. Taylor had less chance of getting the ball than I do of getting to the bank.

It was a horendouse career threatening tackle for which he should have been given a much longer ban.

If these type of tackles received a lengthy ban then players would not be encourged to make them. Cantona was banned for 9 games (?) for jumping into the crowd using that criteria Taylor should be banned for 6 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here