Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Seeking a Small Claim Against a Company

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In a similar vein, I send low value parcels out via Hermes, now called Evri. Contents are always less than £10 and postage costs me under £3.
They 'mislay' about three a year. I've one gone missing right now stating 'out for delivery' for over a week. I could spend hours talking to an online bot or get put on hold for the day if I get to call them.
But it's easier just to right it off and send again.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In a similar vein, I send low value parcels out via Hermes, now called Evri. Contents are always less than £10 and postage costs me under £3.
They 'mislay' about three a year. I've one gone missing right now stating 'out for delivery' for over a week. I could spend hours talking to an online bot or get put on hold for the day if I get to call them.
But it's easier just to right it off and send again.

Hermes ? NEVER again ...

Thieving ******** - dropped off a laptop to be delivered 100 miles away and they wanted £50 to insure it for £400 - I made the mistake of filling in honestly what the value and contents was - barcode-scanned in at drop-off shop, collected by Hermes van-man and never seen again.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Send them a statutory demand https://www.gov.uk/statutory-demands/forms-to-issue-a-statutory-demand via recorded delivery

It costs you nothing. It gives them 21 days to either pay up or respond. If they do neither then you have at least initiated a formal process which MIGHT elicit a response from them, and gives you an avenue to follow up on should you choose.

Hey, I Just wanted to follow-up on this thread to say I followed this ^ course of action and it worked. After the company gave me the run-around for almost a month, I sent off a statutory demand and now I have a refund and goodwill gesture to show for my trouble.

Thanks Easy10, and thanks to everyone else on the thread :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hey, I Just wanted to follow-up on this thread to say I followed this ^ course of action and it worked. After the company gave me the run-around for almost a month, I sent off a statutory demand and now I have a refund and goodwill gesture to show for my trouble.

Thanks Easy10, and thanks to everyone else on the thread :)

Most welcome, glad to hear it all got sorted chap. In my experience, formalising it with a Statutory Demand does tend to train minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here