Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Security’ at the Amex?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Not sure we can be on the high horse here considering the flare lobbed onto the Stamford Bridge pitch...

Can we clear this up once and for all...it was a smoke bomb. Flares = dangerous, smoke bombs = not dangerous.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
There’s nothing deadlier than an OAP taking a flask into the West Stand as we’ve known since Goldstone days. As the garden of remembrance opposite Dicks filled up with casualties from, it was inevitable they along with the deadlier bottle top and tartan blankets would be banned.

How then, when we play Palace, every season, it’s a given that smoke bombs and flares will be thrown from the away mob? That even , infamously now, hundreds of their fans didn’t even pay to get in. That they can bring big flags and sticks in against stated rules for this match? Or did they get special dispensation as well as a special train? What are the club doing about it? Not as if they’ve not got any form to go by. Are we supposed to think security could stop a terrorist incident when they can’t prevent what’s utterly predictable? Or maybe the Holmsdale massive are terrifying and Sussex Police/Amex Security turn a blind eye? Not forgetting the fan on the pitch when they scored.

BBC commentary also reported trouble up in the West Stand when Palace scored. What was that about? 5th columnists sussed out?

As ever, your thoughts ladies and gents after a match full of talking points.

Think the west stand scuffle was in the 1901 club seats. Probably a couple of Palace fans as guests of others. It was carnage, prawn sandwiches and capers being used a lethal projectiles. I was like something out of Green Street! :lol::amex:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Many years ago, when skiing in Italy, i got offered tickets for a Juve v Milan Copa Italia semi final. I got a full and comprehensive body search from armed Italian police at the gates including the confiscation of an orange I had in my pocket. I was then a little surprised to find myself next to this

juve.jpg

Now those were flares :eek:

Nearly as scary as the drive back up the mountains in a blizzard after the game :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Think the west stand scuffle was in the 1901 club seats. Probably a couple of Palace fans as guests of others. It was carnage, prawn sandwiches and capers being used a lethal projectiles. I was like something out of Green Street! :lol::amex:

I hope our top boys responded with loganberries! :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Many years ago, when skiing in Italy, i got offered tickets for a Juve v Milan Copa Italia semi final. I got a full and comprehensive body search from armed Italian police at the gates including the confiscation of an orange I had in my pocket. I was then a little surprised to find myself next to this

View attachment 143815

Now those were flares :eek:

Nearly as scary as the drive back up the mountains in a blizzard after the game :lolol:

Maybe in Italy the clubs leave flares on the seats instead of plastic flags to wave!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Imagine the bleating about our poor security if this plonker had hurt himself.

[tweet]1482071623394074624[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That’s freaked me out a bit as I am going to that match! How did you know?

You always 'like' anything I post about Hawks and have not exactly kept your support for them thinly veiled.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Prawns and capers everywhere, like it! :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And from our end tonight when we scored, and in a few other away games this season

One was thrown and didn’t go off and it hit the palace full back on the back! He didn’t make any fuss about it and just threw it behind the goal….a lot of shysters would have rolled about making the most of it!

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
[QUOTE - There’s nothing deadlier than an OAP taking a flask into the West Stand as we’ve known since Goldstone days. ]

So true, back in the 1970’s I used to go with my neighbour and a couple of pensioners. One of them always took a flask for half time and on a very cold day, the tea always had added whisky. We used to stand in the East Terrace.

One match, some opposition fans ran through our stand and pushed one of the old boys over. The other one smacked the yobbo on the head with his flask and they soon went elsewhere.

#bringbacktheflask

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here