Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Tickets

SAC

May 21, 2014
Liverpool have suspended their season ticket renewal process for the 2020/21 season.

It seems that most PL clubs suspended ST sales, which would have been the right thing to do.

I can understand why the club did it from a financial point of view but it's not nice to see people losing their seats just becuase they are being cautious with their money until they know how much they are likely to have if and when the new season starts.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think you will find that Dodge had anything to do with season ticket sales!
Regardless of who, the payment schedule has been in place for 9 years and I would guess be quite costly/risky/fiddly to change with absolutely sod all to show for it.

Tbh the club probably likes the cycle starting so early as it means supporters can't simply cancel if we got relegated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I secured a pair two weeks ago today despite being >4,000 on the waiting list.

The question being would I have still been on the list if Covid hadn’t happened, I’m not sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's about time the players helped Bloom out.

Arguably some of them do already. For example, NSC rates Dunk as on of the best English defenders in the country, if he is on £50k a week and could easily be on £75k a week then Bloom is already saving £1.3 million a season.

Why should he, or anyone else, have to dig into his pocket to help out a billionaire? I understand why non PL clubs are asking players to help out but there is no need for it in the PL. If Bloom has cash-flow problems then borrow from the bank and cut back next season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Arguably some of them do already. For example, NSC rates Dunk as on of the best English defenders in the country, if he is on £50k a week and could easily be on £75k a week then Bloom is already saving £1.3 million a season.

Why should he, or anyone else, have to dig into his pocket to help out a billionaire? I understand why non PL clubs are asking players to help out but there is no need for it in the PL. If Bloom has cash-flow problems then borrow from the bank and cut back next season.

Your opinion - and fair enough if that's what you think.

Personally I couldn't sit on my arse, not work for months and still expect to be paid 100% of my salary while my boss, who has invested very heavily in the business receives zero income.

The fact that Bloom s a Billionaire has nothing to do with it IMO - it's all about morals.

I secured a pair two weeks ago today despite being >4,000 on the waiting list.

The question being would I have still been on the list if Covid hadn’t happened, I’m not sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think you would still have been on the list to be honest.

Looks as though many people such as yourself have 'benefited' from Covid but a) that's sad for other Albion fans who through no fault of their own aren't able to commit for the time being and b) you may have a very long wait to 'enjoy' those tickets

Whether the club cares about such misfortune is what I am more interested in

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
What was the date for monthly payers to cancel their season ticket and DD. I thought if you cancelled after the rollover recommenced you were still committed for paying for the rest of the season

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I believe that if you've already paid and now need to cancel your 20/21 season ticket and require a refund that there is a £50 charge.
It's recently been increased from £10.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Your opinion - and fair enough if that's what you think.

Personally I couldn't sit on my arse, not work for months and still expect to be paid 100% of my salary while my boss, who has invested very heavily in the business receives zero income.

The fact that Bloom s a Billionaire has nothing to do with it IMO - it's all about morals.

Yes totally agree, and although Bloom might asset-wise be a Billionaire, it doesn't mean he has umlimited funds on tap to keep paying the players whilst the club have zero income bar season ticket DD's

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe

Pretty short memory, surely? It was Tony Bloom who paid for the stadium and the Lancing training facility and covererd the losses until Albion reached the PL. He didn't have to do any of that.

'We're all in this totgether' surely applies to the players as much as anyone else?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just got my 8 year old a ticket in the North, 2 rows in front of me, he was 6689.

My eldest son will takes his seat and my youngest will stand with me.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Had to wait for the father in law's waiting list number to become available so we could all get seats together - and we did! North Stand N1G, sit in that part quite often so pleased with that :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here