Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Tickets

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
As I understand it, if you get offered a ST you have the option to defer it for a year and you'll get offered one again next seaso. Only one year deferral though, which seems fair enough to me.

On the invitation to apply that I received there was no information regarding deferring. There are four of us wanting to get seats together but had not expected to be offered this year being around the 4000 mark in the queue. Hoping to take advantage and purchase following season.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I have renewed ticket. Would I have done if renewal date was April.
Doubt it.
Should we be supporting what is now starting to look more like a ridiculous situation where people are playing football for huge amounts of money compared with others doing worthwhile jobs. Nurses/Police/Bin Men/shop workers/Carers/Bus and delivery drivers...etc etc etc. Our players probably get paid more in a week than most key workers get in a year. Can anyone claim they`re worth it ? This Virus makes me wonder !!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
By all means buy an available ST but you won't be watching any football in the near future. Certainly not in 2020. Even if the football authorities are mad or greedy enough to sanction a return later this year, many will not attend matches until they have been vaccinated, so there will be plenty of matchday tickets available.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m surprised they’re continuing to sell to newbies whilst the uncertainty exists. Surely there’ll be plenty of time to worry about this when we know when the next game will be, let alone which season it’ll count towards.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Are you sure it works out at £40 / game?

By my reckoning it's £770 for no games, which to be fair seems quite expensive.

Seems pretty expensive if the clubs are forced to play much of next season behind closed doors which is looking all the more likely.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have renewed ticket. Would I have done if renewal date was April.
Doubt it.
Should we be supporting what is now starting to look more like a ridiculous situation where people are playing football for huge amounts of money compared with others doing worthwhile jobs. Nurses/Police/Bin Men/shop workers/Carers/Bus and delivery drivers...etc etc etc. Our players probably get paid more in a week than most key workers get in a year. Can anyone claim they`re worth it ? This Virus makes me wonder !!

More than some key workers get in 5 years!
We all know that football exists in an economic micro bubble. It generally continues in an upward curve irrespective of world affairs. Will this threat to all our lives restore a sense of perspective? I doubt it. Are we living without football? Yes. Are we missing football? To be truthful, not much. When the human race is in survival mode, the only things that matter are staying safe. Having enough food and drink and knowing that good medical treatment is at hand.
We all overplay the importance of football. It is grossly over-rewarded for a team sport and for what it produces. We do not consistently get value for money. Technical ability is not good enough for what they are paid. Too much quantity not enough quality.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still don't think that is viable. Finish this season behind closed doors. Thats all.

But do you really think the Government will sanction large mass gatherings from as early as August? With many summer concerts in July and August already being cancelled I think the chances of us returning to the Amex with 30,000 in August is fanciful (however much I want to be back watching live games).

I’m surprised they’re continuing to sell to newbies whilst the uncertainty exists. Surely there’ll be plenty of time to worry about this when we know when the next game will be, let alone which season it’ll count towards.

I'm not that surprised but I am disappointed.

I'm not surprised because I suspect they are looking for cash flow from wherever they can get it.

If that's the case then I'm disappointed because they must be selling large numbers of seats of STH's who have cancelled - wasn't it supposed to be 92% renewal?

Many people will be thinking right now that they can better use the money for season tickets elsewhere - many of those people will be loyal Albion fans of many years standing who perhaps deserve loyalty from the club at this of all times.

There isn't a cat in hell's chance of a packed Amex or any other stadium for many months so surely the club could take measures to properly recognise the difficulty for many fans and have a strategy in place to deal with this - you know something like reducing the cost structure to improve cash flow and not just a payment holiday for 3 months which doesn't realistically deal with this issue.

I considered cancelling and the response from the club was meh - they know there are people on a waiting list and weren't bothered - cash is king to them - end of.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The club just needs to try and bring in as much money as it can, anyway that it can.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My first DD is in May, so wondering how much I would have paid in advance before the new season starts, would be interesting if it rolled over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
More than some key workers get in 5 years!
We all know that football exists in an economic micro bubble. It generally continues in an upward curve irrespective of world affairs. Will this threat to all our lives restore a sense of perspective? I doubt it. Are we living without football? Yes. Are we missing football? To be truthful, not much. When the human race is in survival mode, the only things that matter are staying safe. Having enough food and drink and knowing that good medical treatment is at hand.
We all overplay the importance of football. It is grossly over-rewarded for a team sport and for what it produces. We do not consistently get value for money. Technical ability is not good enough for what they are paid. Too much quantity not enough quality.

A whole load of Albion players gross £3m a year.

In an entire career a nurse might’ve grossed £1m. It would take three working lifetimes to match a footballer’s annual income.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
Do we know what waiting list number the offers of season tickets have now got to?

Has anything been said about when the new memberships will be available?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Because of the monthly direct debit option - they haven't touched the payment dates since they were first set up in 2011 by the team in charge at the time - Ken Brown, Paul Rodgers, Paul McGowan etc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here