Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket sales for this season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The transfer window isn't formally open again until July 1st although obviously there's business behind scenes before then so unsure of this urgency. The new manager is now in place and most targets will be on holiday anyway.
The idea that this sort of turnover in the squad is a bad thing or unusual is perplexing . Most clubs, including the Albion are likely to sign 6/7 key players this summer and potentially sell 1-2 players to the Prem depending on their finances/prospects. Its normal turnover for a Champ club. Normal. In Summer 2012 we signed Kus, Bruno, Crofts , (resigned) Vicente around early July. And then Lopez, Orlandi, Hammond and Dobbie were announced on the final day of deadline - Aug 31st.
Last year the turnover of loanees, signings, and promoting youth players to first team squad was a similar turnover.

As for ST sales then the club have said nothing publicly to indicate they are anything other than similar to last year ie: the largest in the Championship by far and bigger than half a dozen Prem League clubs to boot. Given the season we had etc then i'd say thats quite impressive... Why all the fretting ?

Exactly except that I used the word worrying instead of fretting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Here's a thought.
How about the club stop hemorrhaging players, and start actually signing a few? We are 6 or 7 players down by the manager's own admission. Maybe some key signings to generate ST sales.

How about stop panicking! Players contracts don't expire until 30th June so no point signing them and paying them until then unless there is a threat they will sign for someone else! Don't want to see us sign anyone just for the sake of it. Let SH get involved and make the decisions when necessary.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The transfer window isn't formally open again until July 1st although obviously there's business behind scenes before then so unsure of this urgency. The new manager is now in place and most targets will be on holiday anyway.
The idea that this sort of turnover in the squad is a bad thing or unusual is perplexing . Most clubs, including the Albion are likely to sign 6/7 key players this summer and potentially sell 1-2 players to the Prem depending on their finances/prospects. Its normal turnover for a Champ club. Normal. In Summer 2012 we signed Kus, Bruno, Crofts , (resigned) Vicente around early July. And then Lopez, Orlandi, Hammond and Dobbie were announced on the final day of deadline - Aug 31st.
Last year the turnover of loanees, signings, and promoting youth players to first team squad was a similar turnover.

As for ST sales then the club have said nothing publicly to indicate they are anything other than similar to last year ie: the largest in the Championship by far and bigger than half a dozen Prem League clubs to boot. Given the season we had etc then i'd say thats quite impressive... Why all the fretting ?

Where did I fret!? Just offering a CONSTRUCTIVE suggestion as to why season ticket sales might be down / how they could be improved. And 6/7 new first teamers required IS a huge gap to plug.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
FWIW I reckon that the 'multiply the number of lost St holders by the amount received per head' is too simplistic. It doesn't take into account the limited capacity (supply) of food/drinks at HT, the fact that the people not renewing are more likely on average to be those who didn't turn up much last year, the number that will return for one-off matches etc.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How about stop panicking! Players contracts don't expire until 30th June so no point signing them and paying them until then unless there is a threat they will sign for someone else! Don't want to see us sign anyone just for the sake of it. Let SH get involved and make the decisions when necessary.

How about you show me where I was demonstrating panic!? See my previous post.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How many have you sold so far?

Not relevant to the thread but it's a damned shame our game at Griffin Park is the same day as the Tour of Britain comes to Brighton. I was really looking forward to the terrace and hoping to do all four pubs for once, but going to have to give it a miss.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
you do realise that they are paid anyway, did you think we just stopped paying them the day after the Derby game?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The net senior / well-paid player loss over the last 18 months has been massive, but I think it was by the Board's design. Not just cutting costs due to FFP, but to clear the decks for an influx of quality players this Summer. No need to panic - most clubs, even wealthy PL clubs, have done very little business so far. It will all take shape post-WC all the way to the 1st September.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Funnily enough I got a call from the club today enquiring why I had not renewed, they are working hard to get sales up I guess.

Good to hear they are following up. I didn't renew (childcare reasons) and was surprised I was not contacted to enquire why

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
your average was around 26k, so that's a massively high proportion of supporters that were ST holders last year then, especially if it was higher that 21k!
Yeah, when Falmer first opened, we benefited from having less seats available as the stadium lacked the planning permission for more at the time. This probably helped sell more season tickets along with the fact that we have enjoyed a couple of our most successful seasons. Ticket sales have dropped off, inevitable perhaps although nowhere near as much as our rivals thought (first season syndrome anyone). 21000 is pretty impressive by any measure and i expect us to shift a fair number more IF we sign some decent payers close season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It helps that we have 12 months interest free direct debits, so that it works out cheaper than paying for individual games, unless work restricts the number of games that you can attend.

What about if travel restricts the number of games that you can attend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here