Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket sales for this season?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
When adding Vat you have to add 20% but not if you want to remove it from the gross.

If you bought something for £1 and added 20% the cost would be £1.20
if you then took 20% off to get the net you would taken 24p off leaving 96p
That is clearly wrong.
To get back to £1 you would have to take off 16,66666%
120 * 16.666666666 = 19.999999

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
When adding Vat you have to add 20% but not if you want to remove it from the gross.

If you bought something for £1 and added 20% the cost would be £1.20
if you then took 20% off to get the net you would taken 24p off leaving 96p
That is clearly wrong.
To get back to £1 you would have to take off 16,66666%
120 * 16.666666666 = 19.999999

Or just divide it by 1.2 to get your more accurate result.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
As many people struggle to get served at all on a matchday, I do not think a few thousand less attending will make any difference to catering income. It may well mean that I can get a half time bite. I have given up trying in EU as I sit near the front and by the time I can get to the concourse the queues have exceeded the length where there is any chance of getting served before kick off.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I love the "Doom Merchants" circling above the Amex, hoping and praying for the club to run into rough times and fail. What a s**t job TB, MP & PB have done; we only have 21,000 season ticket holders, possibly the BEST training facilities and Academy in The Championship and have been in the Play Offs two seasons running ... awful ...... BARBER OUT! Grow up you fools.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If you check I wasn't commenting on the proportion which affects our income I was replying to the poster who said VAT was 17.5%.
:moo:

TYPICAL THE BOAT STARTS TAKING IN WATER AND NSC SPEND THE NEXT FEW HOURS DECIDING WHAT TRUNKS TO PUT ON:facepalm:

If you want to be pedantic the original poster didn't say the VAT RATE was 17.5% - they actually said "Minus, of course, 17.5% VAT" - never specifying 17.5% of what although it is fair to infer they were referring to the sales figure they'd originally mentioned.

Their error was that the figure should have been 16.7%

:p

Arguing about numbers is just too boring.

You've only included catering in the above.
Add Match-Day programs and Merchandise (not including clothing).

The bottom line is, there is a big loss from non-returning season ticket holders.
£120,000.00 (conservative) £175,000.00 (average) per 1000.

Get in touch with BHA's financial analyst.

Who's arguing, it's facts and data that are in the public domain?

Programmes and merchandise (incl clothing) are included in the retail sales income figure of £2.27 per person per game. However, this figure is calculated on the basis that all retail sales are processed on FL match-days, which they are clearly not. There's no indication in the club accounts about how much is shifted on-line or on non-match days.

You seem to be assuming that:
1) Any non-returning STH used to attend every game.
2) Non-returning STH's won't be attending any future games on an match-day ticket basis.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here's a thought.
How about the club stop hemorrhaging players, and start actually signing a few? We are 6 or 7 players down by the manager's own admission. Maybe some key signings to generate ST sales.

Assuming the seats don't sell anyway.......a few good results and some goals, and the day trippers will be there - probably paying more and spending more than the STHs.

TAKING ME AND THE BOYS TO SIT IN OUR OLD SEATS FOR A ONE OFF GAME IS GONNA COST £100ISH SO POPPING ALONG WOULD BE A RARITY REGARDLESS OF RESULTS,JUST CHELTENHAM AT THE MO:moo:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
TYPICAL THE BOAT STARTS TAKING IN WATER AND NSC SPEND THE NEXT FEW HOURS DECIDING WHAT TRUNKS TO PUT ON:facepalm:

Or in other words, the ocean going liner has a small puddle the size of a tablecloth, and someone reckons the boat is sinking.

Are you Chicken Licken?

if you want to be pedantic the original poster didn't say the vat rate was 17.5% - they actually said "minus, of course, 17.5% vat" - never specifying 17.5% of what although it is fair to infer they were referring to the sales figure they'd originally mentioned.

Their error was that the figure should have been 16.7%

:p
nice smugglers!:rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
30 million gallons in the Atlantic is barely noticeable, but it'd make your living room carpet a bit soggy. It's all relative. We're leaking what those who have the money are prepared to leak I suspect (Bless 'im and all who sail in him)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was looking on the club website for any news on ST numbers but found that attendances/ticket sales have increased from an average of 20K to 27K in three years.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's a thought.
How about the club stop hemorrhaging players, and start actually signing a few? We are 6 or 7 players down by the manager's own admission. Maybe some key signings to generate ST sales.

The transfer window isn't formally open again until July 1st although obviously there's business behind scenes before then so unsure of this urgency. The new manager is now in place and most targets will be on holiday anyway.
The idea that this sort of turnover in the squad is a bad thing or unusual is perplexing . Most clubs, including the Albion are likely to sign 6/7 key players this summer and potentially sell 1-2 players to the Prem depending on their finances/prospects. Its normal turnover for a Champ club. Normal. In Summer 2012 we signed Kus, Bruno, Crofts , (resigned) Vicente around early July. And then Lopez, Orlandi, Hammond and Dobbie were announced on the final day of deadline - Aug 31st.
Last year the turnover of loanees, signings, and promoting youth players to first team squad was a similar turnover.

As for ST sales then the club have said nothing publicly to indicate they are anything other than similar to last year ie: the largest in the Championship by far and bigger than half a dozen Prem League clubs to boot. Given the season we had etc then i'd say thats quite impressive... Why all the fretting ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here