Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewal ...

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Ive paid for my cousins ST for the last 10 years but he's 17 now and will be at Uni for a lot of games. I was going to get a plastic card for him and have his younger brother come to some games in his place when he couldnt make it..... though if you need photo I.D I guess that would rule this out? Or do they not really check?

Also the £20 sharing option, is that £20 just for one fan or can more than one person share the ST for £20?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
People have had the same card since Amex opened. No additional expense and certainly no extra checks on entrance .
Matter of interest perhaps you could tell me where and what make I can get a phone for a relative for £20. and would this involve a monthly charge
If you’re bringing that relative with you to the Albion, you can put their ticket on your own phone.
So why did you pay extra the other day ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
£20 to make the ST shareable.
But, those you share it with have to be an Albion+ member. Which costs.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
£20 to make the ST shareable.
But, those you share it with have to be an Albion+ member. Which costs.

Sounds OK. So more than one person can share a ticket for £20? So if my 2 younger cousins are singed up to Albion+ either one of them can use their older brothers ticket if he's not around?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If you’re bringing that relative with you to the Albion, you can put their ticket on your own phone.
So why did you pay extra the other day ?
Because I have a card but if i can get a phone for £20 and no monthly payment I will get one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sounds OK. So more than one person can share a ticket for £20? So if my 2 younger cousins are singed up to Albion+ either one of them can use their older brothers ticket if he's not around?
Yes, the £20 charge to a season ticket holder is a one off for each season and you can then share it with anyone who is an Albion+ member as many times as you like in the season.

You can also pay to share on a match by match basis, again with Albion+ members and you get one free share otherwise it costs depending on the category of game. If you share several times a season it's cheaper to pay the up front £20.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yes, the £20 charge to a season ticket holder is a one off for each season and you can then share it with anyone who is an Albion+ member as many times as you like in the season.

You can also pay to share on a match by match basis, again with Albion+ members and you get one free share otherwise it costs depending on the category of game. If you share several times a season it's cheaper to pay the up front £20.

Nice one, cheers 👍

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ask any younger relatives for an old smartphone they’ve upgraded from or replaced that is knocking around in a drawer. My tickets are on a 6 year old Android phone with a cracked screen which doesn’t have a simcard and that works absolutely fine.
Don't know why more don't do this - easy to get an old but serviceable phone purely for the ST and set up google/Apple wallet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would argue its also MORE secure with a plastic card and your photo on it than a mobile phone. Clearly to print a ticket at home on your own electricity printer and paper and charge you extra for the privilege is nothing but a money making exercise! Unfortunately in this world we live in if you dont conform to the norm you pay extra often
Photos aren't checked on cards at entry, phone has to be unlocked by the owner to work so not sure it's more secure to have a card ? Same with print at home - nothing to stop someone handing (or selling) the paper ticket to anyone.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So as I'm now in the 65+ bracket and I share my ticket with my son, does he have to make up the cost of the ticket for the games I share with him ?
You'd have to pay for an upgrade on that ticket rather than share it. (As per this page on the club website.)

Please note, the sharing scheme only works for those wanting to share with someone in the same age group or lower, eg an Under 10 can only share with another Under 10, but an Adult can share with anyone. If you have a concession ticket and wish to share with someone in a higher priced age group please click here for information about upgrades.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because I have a card but if i can get a phone for £20 and no monthly payment I will get one.
Why not just pay the £20 for the card and carry on as normal. Card fits in your wallet yet even if you get smart phone for only £20 with no contract you need to remember to bring that with for every game probably as well as your wallet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ask any younger relatives for an old smartphone they’ve upgraded from or replaced that is knocking around in a drawer. My tickets are on a 6 year old Android phone with a cracked screen which doesn’t have a simcard and that works absolutely fine.
I just use one of my burner phones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here