Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
pathetic excuse about potg. Hasn't been like that for years. It's not hard to pay online then collect your ticket at the ground. Think you are using any excuse for not going.
no it's not, when push comes to shove in the future they'll be begging people to turn up :wink:
regards
DR

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
You don't need to be a genius to figure out that if the manager insists upon playing home games with such a negative approach then all but the die hard fans will lose interest very quickly.
for the last few home games the announcement of the official attendance figure has been greeted with amusement as we stare at all the empty seats where season ticket holders would have been.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'll be renewing but not surprised if many don't. Not difficult to buy a ticket match by match as and when you want to go now and miss the generally depressing Tuesday games.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am fully aware that things will change but certainly at present the away games are a much better form of entertainment all things considered, the away travel, different grounds, the noise levels. Has been this and last season IMHO.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Speaking to someone on Monday night and he said all of the people he knows who are season ticket holders at the Amex are thinking of packing it in next season,regardless of what happens on the field. Is the 4th season in the new stadium a watershed for support,i think i recall Huddersfield support dipping around the same period,anyone else getting similar vibes????

Basically reading a lot of these posts about "fans" not renewing means they
will be back to supporting there prem league teams again. IMHO your in it for the long run surely this is part of supporting your team. A string of wins and sitting in the playoffs positions and the fickle followers will be renewing again. If rather sit there with less fans who actually will support our team through thick and thin

Jan 30, 2008
started a thread on this very subject a while back AND GOT SHOUTED DOWN BY SOME ON HERE , seems there's a few more jumping ship ................ interesting.
regards
DR

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I have an excellent seat in East Upper that would be reluctant to give up but the guy next to me did end last season and his seat has not been taken by new ST holder so makes me wonder what is point of paying for dead games (I miss nearly half games due to other commitments and live 160 miles away) when I can get a good seat for the games i can go too. If more of us feel like that, this debate becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I am a fan, and have been for 40 years - go to many away games. This is not about support, just economic common sense.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Basically reading a lot of these posts about "fans" not renewing means they
will be back to supporting there prem league teams again. IMHO your in it for the long run surely this is part of supporting your team. A string of wins and sitting in the playoffs positions and the fickle followers will be renewing again. If rather sit there with less fans who actually will support our team through thick and thin

I agree and will also carry on going as I'm a die hard but the club have ambitions that need to be met, if not then with the financial commitments already made things will quickly become very difficult.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
With the DD scheme, providing there is no increase in cost then I can see only a small drop.

Last night was awful, but lets bounce this thread at the end of the season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's a tough call. Having to commit before the season ends is a bit of a marketing coup by Bloom. It might be good business practice but is not particularly fair on us "customers" - paying for something but don't quite know what it will be.
Having been a season tickets holder since goldstone days, including Town full of dogshit, it would be a wrench to not renew but I don't think we are getting much value for money in terms of attractive football. Having the greater % of possession by keeping the ball in our own half doesn't impress me none. It's negative, boring and allows the opposition more chance to dispossess us in dangerous areas. At least in the gillingham days we tried to get forward - we just didn't have the players to do it very well!
Other posters have identified a whole series of reasons not to renew. I guess I will out of habit and commitment, but I don't like the current experience.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Is this for real? I'm renewing whatever, as long as I can afford it. I have supported Brighton all my life.
I do reckon we will be about 8,000 season tickets down next season, that will effect our playing budget so nobody can moan when we struggle to stay in the Championship.

As we'll be in the Premiership, it won't matter :)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I will be renewing but I must admit i do go home frustrated from most games with the way we have played. There haven't been loads of really exciting games at the Amex and I can see plenty of fair weather supporters losing interest if it carrys on. Fair weather or not I'd rather have them in the ground so I hope we can turn a corner. I'd like to hear more from the manager chairman etc about what we are going to do, plans etc

Bearing in mind how close we got last year the stadium the training ground plans the attendance we get, I think we really should have kicked on again this season and gone for it.

We've had most of the First Team Squad out injured, including virtually all of our attack-minded players.
Give it a few months and we'll be the most exciting side in this division.

Love my seat,football played is irrelevant,just don't enjoy the match day experience either side of the game and the sterile atmosphere of the whole thing.We went down from 3 to 2 s/t this year and i have only used mine 3 times myself(not seen a win yet)with younger rev off to uni next year looks like we might jack both in next season unless a relegation or promotion comes along:down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you can afford it and don't enjoy Championship football at the Amex as often as possible then can I suggest that maybe you have fallen out of love with football or are just a fair weather fan?

I actually expect the Albion to screw up games they should be winning and occasionally disappoint me with the performances. If I expected to be thrilled by the quality of football every weekend I'd probably have a season ticket at a Premier League London club.

I wouldn't dream of giving up my season ticket at the Amex having waited over a decade, watching football at our crap home grounds, just because we are not world beaters every weekend.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

If you can afford it and don't enjoy Championship football at the Amex as often as possible then can I suggest that maybe you have fallen out of love with football or are just a fair weather fan?

I actually expect the Albion to screw up games they should be winning and occasionally disappoint me with the performances. If I expected to be thrilled by the quality of football every weekend I'd probably have a season ticket at a Premier League London club.

I wouldn't dream of giving up my season ticket at the Amex having waited over a decade, watching football at our crap home grounds, just because we are not world beaters every weekend.

Nothing wrong with championship footie its just a relegation would help command a bit more respect for the fans(unlike championship customers)???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here