Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Prices stay the same I stay a season ticket holder, prices go up I don't (no matter what league) and I pick and chose the games I go to

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I will renew but currently going to watch the team is becoming a bit of a chore for me.

Injuries have played a large part for sure but entertainment on the pitch has been severely lacking so far this season and results have mostly been ground out.

As said above if we have a great finish to the season I would guess most season ticket holders would renew.

If the season is a deadpan come renewal time then there is a good chance that there will be a loss in season ticket numbers going into next season.

I agree with this. The journey to and from the ground is sometimes hard especially on evening games. I will renew because I can't imagine not having a season ticket and it something my son and I do together. He is at Brighton Uni so at the moment going to the games is more about meeting up with him then the football.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I think the real argument here, is do people think they are getting value for money?? People will always find money to be entertained, if they don't feel they are being entertained for the amount they are being asked to pay, then they will find themselves making excuses not to renew. And who can blame them when you see Lita sitting on the bench until the 80th minute, when we need two goals to win a game, against a team who we just thought we were going to walk over.

Even if Lita had an hour on the pitch he wouldn't have made a difference, he is not as good as he thinks he is.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I would go to most Saturday games IF you could POTG and park in Moulscoombe - but you can't, so I don't . And many other stay aways my age feel the same, even if Brighton were in league 2. And before some 18 year old tells me to change with the times, I would like to say that I have in most aspects of life but I'm AMF cheers

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would go to most Saturday games IF you could POTG and park in Moulscoombe - but you can't, so I don't . And many other stay aways my age feel the same, even if Brighton were in league 2. And before some 18 year old tells me to change with the times, I would like to say that I have in most aspects of life but I'm AMF cheers

Pathetic excuse about POTG. hasn't been like that for years. It's not hard to pay online then collect your ticket at the ground. Think you are using any excuse for not going.

i was upset when our community club awarded The catering contract to large contractors who are not fans. I won't go on because I have ranted about this before. Visit the ice rink at the Pavillion and try our ex caters who have built a Cafe and bar which is open to the public for the next ten weeks. Brilliant roasts or just a drink. Well done Hardings caters.

Hardings were not our caterers, I worked for them at Plumpton once and they're an awful outfit. I certainly wouldn't eat at the rink.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Pathetic excuse about POTG. hasn't been like that for years. It's not hard to pay online then collect your ticket at the ground. Think you are using any excuse for not going.

Not pathetic but defiantly an excuse, which are not hard to come by these days. So why can't you POTG?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not pathetic but defiantly an excuse, which are not hard to come by these days. So why can't you POTG?

Part of the whole planning permission for the Amex, to be fair POYG is rarer these days.

I might not renew as I have Sky Sports so could just watch the Premiersh1te from my armchair

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Were there not plans for a ticket kiosk at Worthing and Brighton train stations selling home tickets on match days for cold, hard cash? Could work or would that be classed as too convenient?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Were there not plans for a ticket kiosk at Worthing and Brighton train stations selling home tickets on match days for cold, hard cash? Could work or would that be classed as too convenient?

I believe there is now one at Brighton station, wasn't there a thread about that the other day although I did not see it last night when I travelled through.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hardings were not our caterers, I worked for them at Plumpton once and they're an awful outfit. I certainly wouldn't eat at the rink.

So who were the caterers then? I could have sworn they were called Hardings.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'm considering cancelling next season.

done 3 seasons and enjoy it but a 290 round trip, the money that goes with it and the fact I much prefer away games means I may chose to leave it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it was about the results, we'd all have packed it in years ago. You go because, well, it's what you DO. It's hardwired into you really. Season tickets are another matter. Survived half the Withdean era without having to resort to one. It was only when we hit the Championship for the first time that the eternal scramble for tickets got to be too serious a pain in the arse to be sustainable. It was either buy a seson ticket or stop going. And stop going was not an option.

Jan 30, 2008
Speaking to someone on Monday night and he said all of the people he knows who are season ticket holders at the Amex are thinking of packing it in next season,regardless of what happens on the field. Is the 4th season in the new stadium a watershed for support,i think i recall Huddersfield support dipping around the same period,anyone else getting similar vibes????
come and join us down the pub :cheers:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here