Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket pricing for League 1

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would have thought that would be, along with the North Stand the last to be closed. Upper East and corners far more likely.

Ain't gonna happen, as we are staying up.

Insider has confirmed today that WSU won't be shut if we go down.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Insider has confirmed today that WSU won't be shut if we go down.

Umm, not quite. Insider has confirmed that there is no truth whatsoever in the rumour on NSC that there is a plan to close WSU if we're relegated. This doesn't mean the same thing as "WSU won't be shut if we go down", since, for example, if there's no plan of any description yet about which, if any, stands would be closed in the event of relegation, his stement would be accurate; but a stand could be closed when/if a plan was formulated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Umm, not quite. Insider has confirmed that there is no truth whatsoever in the rumour on NSC that there is a plan to close WSU if we're relegated. This doesn't mean the same thing as "WSU won't be shut if we go down", since, for example, if there's no plan of any description yet about which, if any, stands would be closed in the event of relegation, his stement would be accurate; but a stand could be closed when/if a plan was formulated.

Yes, that's true.

However, the rumour on here was that there have already been meetings about this, and that it's been decided that it will happen already, with some employees being told.

So, if that's the case Insider is either in the dark - and his statement was pretty definite - or he is deliberately being dishonest.

All I can do is give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't be bothered to read whole thread. Yes a reduction in price would be nice but most of the 'real' fans will renew regardless of what league we're in surely? We didn't have this issue at Withers. So no need to panic if you're a SUPER fan...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes, that's true.

However, the rumour on here was that there have already been meetings about this, and that it's been decided that it will happen already, with some employees being told.

So, if that's the case Insider is either in the dark - and his statement was pretty definite - or he is deliberately being dishonest.

All I can do is give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that Insider was in the dark, still less that he was being dishonest. I was merely observing that you asked him (paraphrased) "is there a plan to close WSU if we get relegated" and he said "no". You then reported that here as "Insider has confirmed today that WSU won't be shut if we go down", which isn't quite what he said. S'all. :thumbsup:

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Can't be bothered to read whole thread. Yes a reduction in price would be nice but most of the 'real' fans will renew regardless of what league we're in surely? We didn't have this issue at Withers. So no need to panic if you're a SUPER fan...
What is your definition of " most" 51% ? Which could mean 10000 non renewals. Even 75% would mean 5000. Large figures and highlights the financial danger the club is in

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What is your definition of " most" 51% ? Which could mean 10000 non renewals. Even 75% would mean 5000. Large figures and highlights the financial danger the club is in

I said 'most real fans' not 'most fans' - was just making a tongue in cheek point matey... It shouldn't matter what div football we're watching - we're watching the Albion. That's honestly how I feel...

Thanks

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I said 'most real fans' not 'most fans' - was just making a tongue in cheek point matey... It shouldn't matter what div football we're watching - we're watching the Albion. That's honestly how I feel...

Thanks

It's exactly how I feel as well. If we go down or stay up I'll be renewing regardless.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Thanks

You are correct, real fans will renew whichever division. But, real fans shouldn't like being taken for a mug and being charged PL prices for bottom or the Championship or League One football. Returning fans and new fans were persuaded to buy season tickets with the thought that tickets would be hard to come by, this was the case but probably isn't going to be in the future which means more fans (presumably not real fans in some people books) buying individual match tickets rather than a ST.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are correct, real fans will renew whichever division. But, real fans shouldn't like being taken for a mug and being charged PL prices for bottom or the Championship or League One football. Returning fans and new fans were persuaded to buy season tickets with the thought that tickets would be hard to come by, this was the case but probably isn't going to be in the future which means more fans (presumably not real fans in some people books) buying individual match tickets rather than a ST.

Yep - I do agree with your point. Completely. I was more suggesting everyone renews who wants to, and if we did get relegated they then tell us the pricing structure with an opt out offer. The real fans on the whole will renew from there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here