Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket no shows - loyalty points deduction

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Assuming the turnstiles are interactive and can feed back info on cards scanned it is just some coding to produce a report after each game which a member of admin staff can deal with. Shouldn't be particularly complicated or onerous once the code is in place.

BUT this doesn't give any details on whether the ST holder attended the game or not, all it does is confirm whether the ST card was used or not. Whether points are deducted or only given if home game attended there will be far more misuse of ST if this happens.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
FFS - slow news day
Can we just buy someone - which will hopefully distract people from this unbelievable nonsense[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Last season for example, me and my young nephew couldnt make alot of games because they kept getting moved to midweek. I work late midweek and he has school. Two seasons before I didnt miss one game.

Saying that I did give away the tickets away to friends when I could, but there were a couple times no one wanted the tickets or people didnt want to pay to upgrade the kids ticket to an adults, so in that case no one would of turned up.

To discourage people from buying season tickets would be daft, no matter how hard the club like to make it look, its not like its hard to get tickets to games as it is. If say, 5-7k people canceled their ST's because of the risk of penalties because they cant make every game the stadium would be even more empty (seat and atmosphere wise).

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Penalties only if you miss a certain amount of games.Also,you should have to sell your seat for games you are not attending.If you don't then penalty.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Guy a few seats away from me has had three ST's since the Amex opened. He will also spend around £40 per game on food & drink. But he comes from Bexhill and midweek televised games are just too much hassle he says. Couple other side of me are newbies who don't have a lot of money but would love to come and support Brighton. They buy tickets for certain games only (not just the 'big' teams).
If a scheme existed where a ST could be sold on at a discounted rate from two weeks prior to the game rather than two hours then a lot of people would take up the offer. Maybe sell these tickets to people who have never been before or under privileged.
I do not blame someone who spends £700 a year for not turning up.
Me? Newcastle away first missed game this year.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Wow... Some people didn't get the christmas present they wanted!! Between this and the "leave early" thread that's nearly 25 pages of bullsh1t comments criticising fellow fans for actions which have nothing to do with the complainer!

FFS.
If you don't like people leaving five minutes before the end of a game to miss the rush... F@@k you.
If you don't like people missing the occasional game because it has moved to midweek or scheduled on a public holiday... F@@k you twice.

For reference, I have never left a game early and miss no more than one home game a season (but our seats have only been left empty once since season 2 at the Amex (SWC didn't exist in season 1).

If people have reasons to take the actions they take, then good luck to them. Disturb the others in your row during a lull or when the ball is dead if you want to leave early. Give your tickets to friends or family if you can't make a game, or let the club sell them on on the ticket exchange. Other than that... Live your own life and if some tw@t tells you that you aren't a proper fan because of this, that or the other, tell them I said to f@@k off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a rubbish thread!... Where's the poll for starters!?

If we could have a poll, can we have an option for:

Loyalty point deduction AND mass halftime ritual humiliation on the pitch for the guilty:hilton: (at the next game they can be bothered to attend, obviously)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies for going massively off on one yesterday on this thread. Many NSC users have issues when it comes to some topics, for various personal reasons. For me it is being told what to do by people who have no right to do so, over issues that are trivial and none of their business. Perhaps the OP was not in fact telling anyone what to do, but it certainly came across that way from the title of the thread. There are lots of things people do that other people might object to but it is the height of arrogance and ignorance to invoke punishment for something that is not remotely illegal, and of no threat or inconvenience to yourself, just because you find it annoying. The casual imposition of unwarranted restrictions on other people is facism. It annoys the crap out of me. Nobody on this forum owns the Albion. We share it, just like we share a town centre. Even merely discussing the pros and cons of selecting random people to be run out of town or the club for being a bit different is totally unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Guy a few seats away from me has had three ST's since the Amex opened. He will also spend around £40 per game on food & drink. But he comes from Bexhill and midweek televised games are just too much hassle he says. Couple other side of me are newbies who don't have a lot of money but would love to come and support Brighton. They buy tickets for certain games only (not just the 'big' teams).

Have you introduced them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here