Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket no shows - loyalty points deduction

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm with the OP.

If away loyalty points are only realised if you show up, then why should it be different for home games?

The clue is in the word loyalty. Loyalty is not just about paying your money, it's also about showing up and getting behind the team.
(I draw the line at tagging and deducting points for leaving early but only just(!))

There is a seat in the row in front of us which has been empty for the last 2 seasons, and this year only filled for the Liverpool and Man City games. Someone with more money than sense. But as things stand, they accrue the same ST loyalty points as the rest of us foot soldiers. Is this not worthy of debate on here? Under the Bayern Munich model, they would lose the right to their ST, and rightly so.

PG
The difference between home and away games - and it is a key difference - is that home games can have the date moved AFTER tickets have been sold, whereas away tickets are only sold after the date of the game is fixed.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Any chance of exceptions for people who have been season ticket holders for 70 years and nowadays don't know from day to day whether they'll be fit enough for the match?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I’ve missed a lot of home games inc today and even an away match this season. Mostly due to Club agreeing to Sky’s terms (no, it’s not Sky who are at fault - it’s the PL who do deals and the clubs control the PL) but also illness and even a flat battery. Don’t recall club moaning or anyone policing when I had a ST for 2 years at Gillingham and 11 at Withdean...or is this an idea from those who followed the Albion since we got the nice shiney new stadium and played in top 2 divisions I.e. people who aren’t fit for many of us to piss on let alone tell us how to follow our club?

I wouldn't know, as I date back to the goldstone. All I know is a letter was received by a relative who suffered a long illness and missed many games.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think Wookie is getting a bit too much stick on this thread it was only a question maybe just misinterpreted?

Perhaps it would read better if it said "Should loyalty points only be awarded for games attended?" thus accrued. How the **** to you measure loyalty. Different horses and courses isn't it. I guess there is a handful of ST holders who are lucky enough to have and be able to afford one and can choose whether they go or not (which to be fair they are entitled to, they have paid after all). There's also I am sure people on the waiting list who would circumstances willing attend EVERY game come rain or shine.therefore potentially more "loyal"

Deducting points sounds a bit negative,maybe accrue rather than start with x and deduct y but a bit too much vitriol on the OP it's not the silliest question posted on here hey?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Wookie is getting a bit too much stick on this thread it was only a question maybe just misinterpreted?

Perhaps it would read better if it said "Should loyalty points only be awarded for games attended?" thus accrued. How the **** to you measure loyalty. Different horses and courses isn't it. I guess there is a handful of ST holders who are lucky enough to have and be able to afford one and can choose whether they go or not (which to be fair they are entitled to, they have paid after all). There's also I am sure people on the waiting list who would circumstances willing attend EVERY game come rain or shine.therefore potentially more "loyal"

Deducting points sounds a bit negative,maybe accrue rather than start with x and deduct y but a bit too much vitriol on the OP it's not the silliest question posted on here hey?

I agree that the problem is the wording and the idea of penalising people for things often outside their control. I have missed 3 games this season; one I was working abroad; another I was taking my daughter to Xmas markets in Belgium and the other was due to the re-arranged time. When I was in my late teens and early 20s I saw myself as the uber-fan but the reality was that I had few responsibilities apart from my own fun. If you were to try the accrual of additional points approach why not link this to the purchase of alcohol at the ground? this way people like my younger self could be even more self-righteous.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Easy enough to fix. Just split the ST loyalty points into two elements: a basic (reduced) number of points for buying the ST, then additional points each time the ST gets used through the turnstiles. Simples.
It's about 1.1 points per game.

So 0.5 points on purchase, and 0.6 for going through the turnstile ?

Hardly seems worth the admin agro does it ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody misses games even if a sth cannot make it. There are 5K general tickets on sale for every match, and roughly 4K people on the waiting list.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This could work after the game , keep warm , let the train queues quieten down ,and weed out those devil worshiping season ticket holders

giphy.gif

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just a side issue, but how much would it cost the club to administer such a system, how many people would be employed monitoring this?

Assuming the turnstiles are interactive and can feed back info on cards scanned it is just some coding to produce a report after each game which a member of admin staff can deal with. Shouldn't be particularly complicated or onerous once the code is in place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's about 1.1 points per game.

So 0.5 points on purchase, and 0.6 for going through the turnstile ?

Hardly seems worth the admin agro does it ? ???

Cheers for the stats. :thumbsup:

How much admin aggro would it be in reality tho? Simply software tweak, I'd have thought. And the example weighing you suggest sends out just the right message: 0.5 for the purchase, 0.6 for going through the turnstile.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cheers for the stats. [emoji106]

How much admin aggro would it be in reality tho? Simply software tweak, I'd have thought. And the example weighing you suggest sends out just the right message: 0.5 for the purchase, 0.6 for going through the turnstile.
Actually my figures are wrong - but not by much - and it is a more complex formula resulting in points per match being different depending on how many consecitive seasons a ST has been held for.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Assuming the turnstiles are interactive and can feed back info on cards scanned it is just some coding to produce a report after each game which a member of admin staff can deal with. Shouldn't be particularly complicated or onerous once the code is in place.

If it’s anything like the IT projects I see it’ll be double the cost and double the time. The IT functions get away with murder :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here