Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
don't mind matches on sundays or in the evenings from time to time as it frees up their saturday afternoons,

You do realise we've had 2 (out of 10) home games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Hardly 'from time to time'

Personally I've been lucky and only missed two home games. Actually when a STH only misses a few games it's harder to shift the ticket as the person you're giving it to is reluctant to pay the membership fee if it's going to be a one-off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You do realise we've had 2 (out of 10) home games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Hardly 'from time to time'

Personally I've been lucky and only missed two home games. Actually when a STH only misses a few games it's harder to shift the ticket as the person you're giving it to is reluctant to pay the membership fee if it's going to be a one-off.

I know. It was a gentle tease seemingly that the priority of ST holders on NSC , above EVERYTHING else, (price, watching football matches in person, and all the other life changing stuff that following a team can give you) it appears is the ease with which they can give their tickets to someone else. Is it really ?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Cancelled mine last night , just had the club call and ask if there is anyhting they can do to help change my mind.

Unfortunately moving the Amex 150 miles North isnt viable.

Gutted really but hope whoever gets my seat enjoys it, after 10 years im going to miss it :amex:

Another Northamptonshire seagull! Where have you moved to?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know. It was a gentle tease seemingly that the priority of ST holders on NSC , above EVERYTHING else, (price, watching football matches in person, and all the other life changing stuff that following a team can give you) it appears is the ease with which they can give their tickets to someone else. Is it really ?

….or that the club get pretty much everything right, but have loused this up a bit:lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Giving an opinion is not outrage, but a lot of the criticism has been outrage, especially on twitter and I have found it over the top and kind of click baity to be honest.

For the record I preferred the old way too, if I couldn't make a game I'd give my ticket away for free to a mate. Given that the season ticket prices have been frozen the additional cost for those who do share on a regular basis the costs are not that onerous.

It just really grinds my gears that an element of the fanbase seems determined to find an excuse to have a go at Paul Barber and the club, when in fact they are all doing a bloody brilliant job delivering us the best football we have seen at this club.

It feels like you’ve got a bit too wound up over, as others have explained, different opinions. The club campaigned for and the Amex was built upon Falmer for All and a Community stadium. It’s perfectly ok therefore to challenge decisions that challenge those principles.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I’d like to go to every game with my lad, but he also plays football, and sometimes an 8pm ko is too late. Not sure so many changed fixtures is our fault that we might want to share his ticket.:shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’d like to go to every game with my lad, but he also plays football, and sometimes an 8pm ko is too late. Not sure so many changed fixtures is our fault that we might want to share his ticket.:shrug:

Of course. (and you can upgrade kids tickets to adult tickets pretty easy from my experience taking my lads to evening games over the last decade) so hope that continues to work out.
And being able to share a ticket is a factor in getting a season ticket given you might not be able to go to all 19 games - i hear you (and everyone) .
But it would be good to hear on similar threads like this , stories from people who actually go to most games, don't want to share their ticket every week with someone else and even if its harder than sharing a physical pass now - still not that fussed about it and don't think its that much of an outrage to ask someone to become a member.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It feels like you’ve got a bit too wound up over, as others have explained, different opinions. The club campaigned for and the Amex was built upon Falmer for All and a Community stadium. It’s perfectly ok therefore to challenge decisions that challenge those principles.

Go take it up with Dick Knight :lolol:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Another Northamptonshire seagull! Where have you moved to?

From Eastbourne 2 years ago to Daventry. Tried to do it for a season but now with a young family/puppy along with fuel prices something has to give.

Have done more away than home in the last 2 seasons so won't miss out completely. Great area for the clubs around us !

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Just an observation… many fans moan about the 8pm (TV) KO as being too late, yet I don’t remember anyone complaining at 7.45pm KO. In fact going back many years when evening matches KO at 7.30 people moaned cos they didn’t have enough time to get home from work (5.30 finish in those days) have dinner (!) and get to the football.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Just an observation… many fans moan about the 8pm (TV) KO as being too late, yet I don’t remember anyone complaining at 7.45pm KO. In fact going back many years when evening matches KO at 7.30 people moaned cos they didn’t have enough time to get home from work (5.30 finish in those days) have dinner (!) and get to the football.

Yes, but we played in Hove then.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, but we played in Hove then.
Exactly. A myriad of ways to get there easily without all the faff and bother. And thousands could walk if they wanted, from the local area. The Amex is wonderful but travel was always going to be an issue for many of our fans.

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
If anyone is going to cancel their season ticket, please message me so I can get in on that "Take Over Season Ticket Ownership" option please :D moved to Hove 2 months ago and found myself going to games all the time (even going to Spurs in the FA Cup, ticket came yesterday I'm buzzing) so might as well get a ST for next season

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This thread completely passed me by. I recieved my renewal info pack in the post today and saw all this and thought there would be loads of threads being merged as everyone rushed to relay the info. But there was nothing. A search revealed this thread so I figured I'd bump it in case anyone else missed it last time around and thinks to start a new one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When do season ticket holders have to make the decision to confirm or stop their season ticket?

found it - looks like 7th of March

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here