Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In our last season in the Championship we managed 10 Saturday 3pm home games. Pretty pretty good in my opinion. Will we manage 5 this year?

By end of Feb we’d of had 4 right ? If we get to 8 that is comparable to 10 in the championship in my view

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The other thing I can’t fathom is why Barber is prepared to alienate and p155 off so many long term loyal fans, in the quest for squeezing a few more paltry quid out of a lemon that has nothing left in it. I don’t know the numbers, so apologies for that, but if for example he fills the stadium with 31000 people each paying an average of £40 to be in their seat, then that’s £1.24m per game. Times 19, that’s £23.5m per season. In relative terms, that is by no means the lion’s share of the clubs income. And he’s scratching around for a few extra paltry quid to make that £23.5m into something like £24m. And in the process p155ing the people who matter most off in a big way. It’s just such a hopeless error of judgment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The other thing I can’t fathom is why Barber is prepared to alienate and p155 off so many long term loyal fans, in the quest for squeezing a few more paltry quid out of a lemon that has nothing left in it. I don’t know the numbers, so apologies for that, but if for example he fills the stadium with 31000 people each paying an average of £40 to be in their seat, then that’s £1.24m per game. Times 19, that’s £23.5m per season. In relative terms, that is by no means the lion’s share of the clubs income. And he’s scratching around for a few extra paltry quid to make that £23.5m into something like £24m. And in the process p155ing the people who matter most off in a big way. It’s just such a hopeless error of judgment.

Yeah only £23M [emoji23][emoji23] the board voted through the scheme - so Tony Bloom is also responsible for pissing off fans with this

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Personally I would have slightly increased the ST cost and ditched the sharing fee and gone back to being able to pass tickets without cost to friends/family.

People IMO would understand a small increase in ST price (say £25.00, just over £1 a game) if they could pass their tickets on.

Club gets SO much right, but on the ticket sharing they have IMO got it wrong.

This and this again. Incorporate the cost into the ST price and no MyAlbion+ requirement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There were very few empty seats v Chelsee despite the KO time - wouldn’t be surprised to the ground much closer to full for the upcoming games particularly as 3pm ko and the Covid situation is easing in the eyes of many.

From the NS looking at the west stand there was actually a lot of empty seats …same in rows along from us in the NS.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Presumably there are no North Stand moves because they need to rejig the stand for the new corporate box and/or the future possibility of Safe Standing. Probably the one thing I'd register to ask a question about if i wasn't out tonight

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The other thing I can’t fathom is why Barber is prepared to alienate and p155 off so many long term loyal fans, in the quest for squeezing a few more paltry quid out of a lemon that has nothing left in it.

Season tickets are frozen this year, were frozen last year, and effectively frozen the year before that.
If they'd just gone up - just in line with inflation then a £650 ticket would now be £700+ (based on 2%, 2%, 5% increases)
Inflation for transport was even more but the travelzone is still free (I don't think any other club offers this). And the club still refuses to charge an admin fee or interest for the majority of fans paying by direct debit. (most clubs do - anything up to £50 or more).
If he or rather Bloom and the board wanted to get a few more paltry quid out of us, then they could probably try a bit harder i think.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Season tickets are frozen this year, were frozen last year, and effectively frozen the year before that.
If they'd just gone up - just in line with inflation then a £650 ticket would now be £700+ (based on 2%, 2%, 5% increases)
Inflation for transport was even more but the travelzone is still free (I don't think any other club offers this). And the club still refuses to charge an admin fee or interest for the majority of fans paying by direct debit. (most clubs do - anything up to £50 or more).
If he or rather Bloom and the board wanted to get a few more paltry quid out of us, then they could probably try a bit harder i think.

A big fat THIS!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This and this again. Incorporate the cost into the ST price and no MyAlbion+ requirement.

Probably hard to believe but i'm assuming there's thousands of season ticket holders who are quite happy with the idea of a season ticket where you go to nearly every game , don't mind matches on sundays or in the evenings from time to time as it frees up their saturday afternoons, and don't want to share their tickets with randoms every week. What about them ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Probably hard to believe but i'm assuming there's thousands of season ticket holders who are quite happy with the idea of a season ticket where you go to nearly every game , don't mind matches on sundays or in the evenings from time to time as it frees up their saturday afternoons, and don't want to share their tickets with randoms every week. What about them ?

Fair point and exactly what I expect myself when renewing my season ticket. I only miss matches through illness or family obligations. In that case keep the £20 STH sharing charge and drop the MyAlbion+ requirement. Do think the club are heading in the right direction with the variety of options for sharing season tickets (especially the first time for free) but the biggest stumbling block for me, and others too, is the recipient needing MyAlbion+ membership.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The other thing I can’t fathom is why Barber is prepared to alienate and p155 off so many long term loyal fans, in the quest for squeezing a few more paltry quid out of a lemon that has nothing left in it. I don’t know the numbers, so apologies for that, but if for example he fills the stadium with 31000 people each paying an average of £40 to be in their seat.

The average cost paid is nowhere near that. In fact once you consider cheaper areas of the ground, 3,000 away seats paying a maximum of £30, and the numbers of O65s, U18s, U10s, its probably around half of that figure.

then that’s £1.24m per game. Times 19, that’s £23.5m per season. In relative terms, that is by no means the lion’s share of the clubs income. And he’s scratching around for a few extra paltry quid to make that £23.5m into something like £24m.

..so you can significantly reduce these figures, too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair point and exactly what I expect myself when renewing my season ticket. I only miss matches through illness or family obligations. In that case keep the £20 STH sharing charge and drop the MyAlbion+ requirement. Do think the club are heading in the right direction with the variety of options for sharing season tickets (especially the first time for free) but the biggest stumbling block for me, and others too, is the recipient needing MyAlbion+ membership.

Yep - that's pretty much the only slight bugbear left for me but can work around it if we have to. Would have thought from the club's perspective they could have kept it much simpler but no surprise they have tried to increase the options.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Cancelled mine last night , just had the club call and ask if there is anyhting they can do to help change my mind.

Unfortunately moving the Amex 150 miles North isnt viable.

Gutted really but hope whoever gets my seat enjoys it, after 10 years im going to miss it :amex:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If Mr Barber had started with the obvious objective of maximising Home bums on seats, he wouldn't have come up with this dog's breakfast of a sharing scheme. Looks like something the Intern came up with. Or the Company lawyer perhaps.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The average cost paid is nowhere near that. In fact once you consider cheaper areas of the ground, 3,000 away seats paying a maximum of £30, and the numbers of O65s, U18s, U10s, its probably around half of that figure.

..so you can significantly reduce these figures, too.

Yep, it was only top of head figures, and I kind of factored all that stuff in. But you do realise that single match tickets are £45+, and you do realise that there are probably 3000 people paying more than £75 a game with their posh seats? I’d be interested to know the factual answer, I bet it’s not far short of £40. I’m a north stander, cheapest part of the ground, and even my season ticket works out at £29 per match, for example

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If Mr Barber had started with the obvious objective of maximising Home bums on seats, he wouldn't have come up with this dog's breakfast of a sharing scheme. Looks like something the Intern came up with. Or the Company lawyer perhaps.

Why does a lawyer need to be involved?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here