Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket ‘Booking Protect’

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Did you get a season ticket this season Amexer. You always seemed to have spare tickets or friends who wanted to go etc. Wondering what you've decided to do.

Yes all but one of our group renewed as we have for many years. Just because we disagree with sharing scheme that is no reason not to. Anyway are now able to deal with it when one of us cant attend. Certainly have never had friends waiting to go. To the contrary when have a spare ticket always a matter of ringing round and taking someone who would very rarely go. Thanks for asking

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the half-bright reasoning, to nudge STH in the direction of the sharing scheme

If Barber merely wanted to make more money from fans above all else - via all sorts of fiendish schemes like this - then wouldn't it be simpler and more effective and lot less faff just to put the prices of tickets up. Which they didn't do this year, or last year or , for many ST holders the year before that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You do realise you'll have to be prepared to argue the toss - complete with full supporting documentation - with some insurance company who will be hell-bent on not paying you out? Good luck with that :nono:

Re read BN3’s post before you dive right in!!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Pretty certain he never said that but it keeps getting regurgitated. He said that we should treat our fans as if they were customers, ie that we had a choice where we would go and watch our football.

Perhaps you can remember the 70s and 80s when fans were treated like fans. Dangerously fenced in, broken toilets, crap food and beer etc etc.

tickets.jpeg

Or when it cost £2 ( £12 equivalent in todays money) to watch the Albion, you could stand, turn up and pay, meet who you want where you want etc etc....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re read BN3’s post before you dive right in!!

Um, I did already, assuming you mean [MENTION=34787]BNthree[/MENTION]'s post about a page back. Something about being prepared to take a hit? Still makes no sense IMHO to be paying some sort of nonsense insurance thing that a normal human would be unlikely to ever recoup any losses from, without first jumping thru hoops that would ensure loss of will to live. That is why nobody in their right mind ever took Argos up on their kind offer of insurance on, say, their shiny new toaster. Just say no, kidz :nono:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Um, I did already, assuming you mean [MENTION=34787]BNthree[/MENTION]'s post about a page back. Something about being prepared to take a hit? Still makes no sense IMHO to be paying some sort of nonsense insurance thing that a normal human would be unlikely to ever recoup any losses from, without first jumping thru hoops that would ensure loss of will to live. That is why nobody in their right mind ever took Argos up on their kind offer of insurance on, say, their shiny new toaster. Just say no, kidz :nono:

I think he meant to take the hit as in NOT take out the insurance

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
View attachment 149235

Or when it cost £2 ( £12 equivalent in todays money) to watch the Albion, you could stand, turn up and pay, meet who you want where you want etc etc....

Get soaking wet because there was no roof, p*ss up against a wall and all over your feet (and your neighbours), have a poor choice of drink & food, see football played out on mud which for many players nullified ball skills and have a poor view (often). If these are the conditions you like then why not visit non-league.

Football is expensive , so is going to the theatre or watching a film in the cinema. Football has moved on , not all is progression e.g. atmosphere is generally worse but it is what it is and no one is forced to buy the product.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah, right, cheers. Having re-read it a third time, does maybe make a bit of of sense for 1901 members. Tho maybe not for the majority of the rest of the ST fanbase

Yeah [MENTION=149]timbha[/MENTION] has read it correctly. There's no way I'd take out that insurance and I'm saying if I end up losing money due to some freak occurrence then so be it.

And yes I'd paid £2k or whatever for 1901 then I'd probably think about it but seeing as I've paid no where near that then no chance.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah, right, cheers. Having re-read it a third time, does maybe make a bit of of sense for 1901 members. Tho maybe not for the majority of the rest of the ST fanbase

Personally as a 1901 member it still makes zero sense to me.

Don't use public transport to get to games.
Adverse weather will affect the players as well surely so the game will be rearranged and I'll go to the rearranged game.
Injury or illness hasn't kept me away from a game in over 30 years of going so not sure why it'll start now. If it does....that's life and I've probably got bigger things to worry about.
I work from home so relocation is unlikely.
Break down of a vehicle taking me to a game, again 30 plus years and this has never happened.
Redundancy is about the only that is a realistic possibility as it did happen to me a couple of years back. I considered selling my ticket and had an interested party who messed me about for so long I found a new job in the meantime and decided to keep it. But how would that work for 1901ers as we have 5 year season tickets. If I had it and got made redundant tomorrow and never find another job I bet it won't cost me £40 for cover next season.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Pointless to purchase.

If you read the definitions

Season Ticket – A non-refundable, authorised season ticket that was purchased from us where Booking Refund Protection has been included at the same time as purchasing the season ticket(s)

Given that Booking Refund Protection was not included at the same time as purchasing, as only being offered now, there is no cover for any season ticket.

Also in the time we have been at the Amex I have not missed any games due to the circumstances that are outlined as being possible to claim against.

In case anyone is interested, I did receive a swift reply from the club on this point above, acknowledging that the clause was slightly confusing and that they'd be clarifying directly with Booking Protect (who I presume operate or underwrite the scheme).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In theory you could get a refund due to the National Rail strike. .

This is not true.

Please refer to the war exclusion, which includes strikes. Therefore any strikes on public transport which prevent you from attending are excluded from the cover.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, it seems likely that making a successful claim will be difficult and in the current economic climate I’d have thought take-up would be low. So whatever the commission payments are I can’t believe the club will earn much from this, so I don’t know why they’re risking reputational damage from offering this product.

I struggle with the economics of this type of offering from the club. They are paying out arguably silly money for and to players, so I do wonder just how much impact a few quid’s worth of commission will have on finances. Perhaps someone at the club is overthinking things. Stick to bums on seats, shirts, the usual supporter’s wear and the tv money. Now is not a good time to squeeze the well dry.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I struggle with the economics of this type of offering from the club. They are paying out arguably silly money for and to players, so I do wonder just how much impact a few quid’s worth of commission will have on finances. Perhaps someone at the club is overthinking things. Stick to bums on seats, shirts, the usual supporter’s wear and the tv money. Now is not a good time to squeeze the well dry.

Maybe they thought an optional product that may help a few fans who fall on hard times was an appropriate benefit to make available?

I would assume the product is targeted at those who can’t attend the remainder of the season (early on) rather than adhoc matches missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Get soaking wet because there was no roof, p*ss up against a wall and all over your feet (and your neighbours), have a poor choice of drink & food, see football played out on mud which for many players nullified ball skills and have a poor view (often). If these are the conditions you like then why not visit non-league.

Football is expensive , so is going to the theatre or watching a film in the cinema. Football has moved on , not all is progression e.g. atmosphere is generally worse but it is what it is and no one is forced to buy the product.
Well said.

Moshe Jnr is developing an interest in watching Eastbourne Borough.

I'm pleased for him and always like time together. But it will take almost the same money (if ticket + train fare) to stand pitchside and witness "The Sports" toiling away as it costs me for my seat in WSU to watch Cucu, Lamptey, Trossard, Gross, Caicedo, etc weaving their magic....

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I am another that won't be going anywhere near this product. Waste of time but what bothers me is the club put their name against it. For Pete's sake, if someone cannot make a game pass your ticket on to a friend, without charge like we used to be able to do. Any games I miss means an empty seat.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well said.

Moshe Jnr is developing an interest in watching Eastbourne Borough.

I'm pleased for him and always like time together. But it will take almost the same money (if ticket + train fare) to stand pitchside and witness "The Sports" toiling away as it costs me for my seat in WSU to watch Cucu, Lamptey, Trossard, Gross, Caicedo, etc weaving their magic....

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

didn't realise it cost that much to watch NL... I guess it will vary though on which league

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
In case anyone is interested, I did receive a swift reply from the club on this point above, acknowledging that the clause was slightly confusing and that they'd be clarifying directly with Booking Protect (who I presume operate or underwrite the scheme).

I’ve received a further reply from the club to say the Ts&Cs have now been updated to reflect that you don’t need to have purchased the ST and Booking Protect at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here