[Albion] Season Ticket ‘Booking Protect’

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Looks like it just about covers your car breaking down on the way to a game (may be useful for those that travel a long way) or anyone unfortunate enough to get a serious illness that stops them going to a lot of games…..other than that there is so much wriggle room they’ll hardly pay out for anything

Third party product….wonder what commission the club are making?
Yes, it seems likely that making a successful claim will be difficult and in the current economic climate I’d have thought take-up would be low. So whatever the commission payments are I can’t believe the club will earn much from this, so I don’t know why they’re risking reputational damage from offering this product.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, it seems likely that making a successful claim will be difficult and in the current economic climate I’d have thought take-up would be low. So whatever the commission payments are I can’t believe the club will earn much from this, so I don’t know why they’re risking reputational damage from offering this product.

Won’t be much damage………it’s an option they’ve provided that possibly suits a small % of STHs but it’s not been heavily promoted and may benefit a few. Maybe the commission is minimal and they simply see it as useful to some - it’s only an extension of the bookimg protection policy that’s offered every time you buy a ticket on the website anyway (including away tickets)

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Won’t be much damage………it’s an option they’ve provided that possibly suits a small % of STHs but it’s not been heavily promoted and may benefit a few. Maybe the commission is minimal and they simply see it as useful to some - it’s only an extension of the bookimg protection policy that’s offered every time you buy a ticket on the website anyway (including away tickets)
You may be right, I just think the insurance sector is so tainted by numerous mis-selling scandals I don’t know why the club bothers with it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Firstly, I would suspect this is a scheme that's being pushed by the EPL rather than just Brighton.

My concern would be that this is a scheme that clubs/EPL would use to avoid losing out by refunding season tickets in the event of another lockdown and behind closed doors matches! ie, rather than the clubs bearing this cost, they would be passing it on to supporters and/or insurance companies. I might be barking up the wrong tree but it does seem that the cover is very restrictive and very onerous on the proof of claim. For example, if you get covid, you're not going to get a Doctors report (for which they'll charge), just a positive LFT!

If you do have to get a doctors report then I suspect that cost is about £20 and it hardly becomes worth claiming for what I assume would be the pro rata cost of your ticket!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure my doctor has got better things to do with his time than issue me with a report saying I don't fancy going to football because I've got a bit of a cold

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure my doctor has got better things to do with his time than issue me with a report saying I don't fancy going to football because I've got a bit of a cold

Agreed. Will we be allowed to get notes from our mums instead do you think?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This has been around a few seasons on the club website, so can only assume poor uptake on the basis the club are emailing fans, oddly something I haven’t received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree how embarrassing to take up Doctors time . How about passing ticket on if unable to attend. Just have to remember to join sharing scheme as soon as struck down ill

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Perhaps something for our FAB members to raise at the first meeting.

You'd assume, as the FAB structure is in place, that club comms relating to fan charging initiatives like this would be pre-parsed by the reps as an early barometer of likely fan response.

Or was it all just lip service to defuse the disatisfaction over nickel and dime ST sharing charges.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You will be asked to provide • a death certificate where your refund
request is for death;

They might be suspicious if you turn up with your own death certificate !!

Agree with everyone else...complete waste of money !!!

Change your name to Jesus and you’ll be fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would be surprised if someone at the club isn't getting their arse kicked this morning ???

Piss poor product, Piss poor e-mail and piss poor decision to send it out :rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's exactly the sort of insurance the Government are moving to ban. There will be virtually a zero claim rate on this, meaning it isn't insurance. Total con and the club should not be associating itself with this.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Firstly, I would suspect this is a scheme that's being pushed by the EPL rather than just Brighton.

My concern would be that this is a scheme that clubs/EPL would use to avoid losing out by refunding season tickets in the event of another lockdown and behind closed doors matches! ie, rather than the clubs bearing this cost, they would be passing it on to supporters and/or insurance companies. I might be barking up the wrong tree but it does seem that the cover is very restrictive and very onerous on the proof of claim. For example, if you get covid, you're not going to get a Doctors report (for which they'll charge), just a positive LFT!

If you do have to get a doctors report then I suspect that cost is about £20 and it hardly becomes worth claiming for what I assume would be the pro rata cost of your ticket!

You could be right about the EPL scheme. It might provide useful cover for someone unfortunately struck down by an incapacitating illness or injury where they miss a number of matches.

I don’t think I read that it’s compulsory to buy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's exactly the sort of insurance the Government are moving to ban. There will be virtually a zero claim rate on this, meaning it isn't insurance. Total con and the club should not be associating itself with this.

"Hello? Gladstone Brookes?"

EDITqfWWwAAOw68 (1).jpg

:moo:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Whilst I agree it's a total waste of money no one is putting a gun to your head to buy it.

You get offered these sorts of insurance policies when you buy gig, plane, train tickets these days. I always just say no thank you and get on with my life......as I will do here. If everyone else does the same then it won't be viable and it'll soon go away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports