Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls TV presents... A day in the life of Peter O'Sullivan!

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
My all time favourite player who came to us for nothing from Man Utd and gave us years of good service. I wonder what he is doing now and does he follow the Albion does anybody know?

I had the pleasure of playing in the same team as him at Newhaven many years ago. I was 18 and very nervous when I was called up to the first team as it contained 3 ex Albion Pro's who only a few years earlier were on my bedroom wall in a team photo. Both him, Mike Ring and Andy Rollings (Rollo) were really nice guys and were not stuck up their own arses in a anyway.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember as a kid one of our neighbours was a waiter in an Italian restaurant, Peter O'Sullivan gave him one of his Welsh shirts to pass on to his young son...which I thought was a pretty decent thing to do, clearly he was a player and a gentleman, a true legend.

ivortabs

Aug 22, 2010
Peter is from a small village in North wales and visits with his dog. a couple of times a year to visit his aunt and uncle, he was a snappy dresser when he was a teenager and hi
s nickname was 'Ted'.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Loved that, Sully was one of my favourite players, always gave 100% and played in all 4 Divisions with the Albion. Bloody good job they ended that article with the team on the plane going to Jersey and didn't report on their 3 day 'Holiday' as well ! (read Peter Wards book if you want to know what happened).

:laugh:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wonder what adaptations would need to be made to such book to make it fit in with todays footballers

;)

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Bloody good job they ended that article with the team on the plane going to Jersey and didn't report on their 3 day 'Holiday' as well ! (read Peter Wards book if you want to know what happened).

:laugh:

Ha ha - I thought that too. No wonder the book ended so abruptly before the 'holiday' started!

Sully was a tremednous player - hard working and skillful - he scored some brilliant goals too! Personally, I think he played a bigger part in Brighton's rise to the top flight than is often recognised. But having said that, I can't remember anyone saying anything other than great things about him.

Great post - thank you for taking the trouble of scanning the book in!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Way before I was born my family used to live door to Peter O'Sullivan in Shoreham. I can imagine He would have probably got quite pissed off with my older brothers and their friends continually knocking on his door for his signature.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I want the other books in the series. A Day with a Nurse and a Day with a Dancer, also A Day with a Stablegirl.

Not sure about the photo of him "bending" the ball around a child. It looks more like "Peter has just twatted the ball straight into the bollocks of the boy. Well done Peter. Get up you stupid boy."

Apart from that, epic 'tache which deserves a statue at the new stadium. "The Sully 'Tache Stand" has a nice ring to it.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Remember getting this out from Ditchling primary school library in the late 80s/early 90s. Brings back memories, fantastic.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Pat saward signed him as a teenage winger from Man Utd (Not much chance with Best & Willie morgan up there!).

he had a slow start and was soon dropped but eventually came back and made the left wing his own.

Sported the Rivellino 'tache in honour of the great Brazillian from the 70 World Cup and also seemed to adopt his style too as his game became more of making the ball swerve and dip rather than just running and crossing.

As the years passed, he became more of a midfielder with tremendous passing and also superb goals where he would chip or lob the ball in.

he didn't play in all 4 divisions as we were never in the basement with him. His career appeared to have come to an end when we reached the top and he went off to play in the States (I think) but Albion were struggling and missing his skill so it was great when he came back for a 2nd spell and his skill never looked out of place.

he also took my las for training when the Council used to run those football weeks during the summer holidays. My lad didn't know him but I was in awe and just happy to act as ball boy for the kids. Nice guy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pre-'tache days...

attachment.php

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
when as a 10 year old i first started watching the Albion in the 70-71 season he was my hero on the left wing and gave me the excitement the likes of Bennett and Lau Lau are today and hopefully giving the kids today. To be honest we have had few decent wingers like him. Towner, Walker(after a dodgy start) and John Robinson came close- in my view. But Sully developed into a very decent midfield player, hence his longevity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here