Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Top Trumps

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Surprised Reinelt hasn't been mentioned yet.
His appearances and goals tally won't be great, but surely he deserves to be in there?!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good bounce! I was thinking of this thread at work today when I saw lots of top trumps and football cards in a tray... :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Needs a redesign with the new badge

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Spookily enough, I sent an email to Tim Carder - and face it, he IS the Oracle - on Wednesday and just received a reply back.

He's happy to help with the stats for whoever we use, but image research he doesn't have time for (museum set-up for Falmer, for one). He pointed out something I had thought of - there would be copyright issues over whichever images we use, which are get-roundable, but would almost certainly cost.

It's all do-able, but will take time.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Spookily enough, I sent an email to Tim Carder - and face it, he IS the Oracle - on Wednesday and just received a reply back.

He's happy to help with the stats for whoever we use, but image research he doesn't have time for (museum set-up for Falmer, for one). He pointed out something I had thought of - there would be copyright issues over whichever images we use, which are get-roundable, but would almost certainly cost.

It's all do-able, but will take time.

Not sure how this works. Maybe the copyright owner takes a cut of sales takings?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not sure how this works. Maybe the copyright owner takes a cut of sales takings?

Usually the copyright owner will demand an upfront fee.

The fee is dependant on usage - a picture illustrating an article in a magazine, for instance, and run small on the page will incur £X. Circulation will also affect the cost. The larger the picture, the higher the circulation, the more the cost. Taking that further, if it's used for commercial purposes (Top Trumps for instance), or in what is usually the highest cost, for advertising, the copyright owner will charge a much larger fee.

Highly unlikely that a copyright owner will ask for a cut of the sales.

One thing that does help is that old pictures (I think it's 70 years old, could be wrong) often go out of copyright, so those pictures are sometimes free to use.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sounds prohibitively expensive! :(

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
If the club was involved and wad selling the product surely they would agree to using club owned copyright pics where possible. We could use our own pics of current and recent players. I do like the idea of cartoon caricatures too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Kerry Mayo
Tony Towner
Kit Napier

Would be very interested in looking at and possibly supporting the funding of this project

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cheaper to do Top Tramps, rated on strength of their super strength beer, how smelly they are, how many woolly hats they've got on, whether they have a dog or not etc. etc.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Has anyone said nono nononono nononono nono nogan ?
Dean saunders ?
Danny Wilson ?
Teddy Maybank ?
Jimmy Case ?
Peter Smith ?
Robbie Reinhold >

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Do we have any artists on NSC? Maybe we could do TT using good artists impressions or caricatures instead of photos, which would be free!?

Good lateral thinking adds a comic element as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here