"Seagulls Priority" Membership Scheme Launched

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I'd like to know if, as a silver member, I don't take up my seat for a cup game, do I mix it with bronze and blue for the next sale period, or do I get dumped into gen pop ? I'd like to think the former.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
So young seagulls is now a pay scheme to guarantee free invite to Xmas party and get priority.Interesting.

I have heard that Young Seagulls is now run by the marketing dept with support from customer services (call centre?) without the need for anyone to run it. Ah, the corporateness of it all. This, until they identify that parents will be willing to buy a package of cheap goodies for loadsamoney.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Gold Member your card will automatically be debited and game put onto season ticket card, but what if you cant go to game due to prior arrangements, before you had option not to buy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have people like me as a member

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gold Member your card will automatically be debited and game put onto season ticket card, but what if you cant go to game due to prior arrangements, before you had option not to buy.

Don't join then :shrug: its no different from the Auto Cup Game scheme last season but has a different name

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
So does that mean my son has to rejoin gully's gang again or young seagulls as it is now known. I remember enrolling when he was months old and paid £10. Is this an one off payment or will it be yearly?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Here's a question then.

If I purchase one of these blue membership things, will I able to also book a seat for a non-member at the same time? I'll go to one game with my Dad, another with my wife, another with my daughter, another with a friend. I'm certainly not buying memberships for all of them.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Sounds like gold member won't be waived booking fees, only platinum members.

Also sounds like bronze and blue members get no points/priority towards away games.

Also doesn't explain how this fits in with the current points system.

Also doesn't mention the fact that the whole thing is completely pointless and a moneymaking scam! (and I've never said that about the club before)

Talking of money making scams, I've just gone on the website to book five tickets for Villarreal for me and the family (we are all STHs), having already bought five tickets for Norwich before the Villarreal game was announced. I was charged a £2 web fee for the five Norwich tickets but now they want a further FIVE POUNDS to book the reduced price Villarreal tickets. Er, why?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I struggle to believe the "effort" the club have put into creating this scheme was worth it. I really can't see many non-STH's coughing money for the privileged of guaranteed tickets when ( bar very odd games ) it's easy to get tickets for games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so... if i have 100 loyalty points but not no membership, i'll be in the queue behind a Blue member with 50 loyalty points, who will in turn be behind a Bronze member with 10 loyalty points?

hmm whatever. i'll wait to see the emails to tell me theres tickets available every game first. really dont see the point of this complication and confusion for the sake of £50k or so they'll make.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Talking of money making scams, I've just gone on the website to book five tickets for Villarreal for me and the family (we are all STHs), having already bought five tickets for Norwich before the Villarreal game was announced. I was charged a £2 web fee for the five Norwich tickets but now they want a further FIVE POUNDS to book the reduced price Villarreal tickets. Er, why?

Because the fee is now £1 per ticket. It was previously £2 per transaction.

steveg58

Jul 1, 2013
Booking Fees for picking up tickets in person and driving 30 miles for the privilage, Nice one Mr Rip Off

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I wanted to join the platinum scheme to avoid the hassle of booking every away game.

However, they cannot accommodate seniors - so no point as I would have to pay the full adult price for all 23 away games. Same goes for juniors, although probably none would go to all games.

So much for now being "customers"!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports