Seagulls over London - Dick Knight attending

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Albion pub crawl is the GDC rather than SoL.

I have fond memories of The Albion in Islington - a country pub in the middle of N1.

Come out the tube (Angel), walk up Liverpool Road then turn left and it's on a rather pleasant square??

If so then yeah, used to love that boozer. It's shut down you say now?

Sue Pollard used to live around the corner and was often in there slashed right up. Our offices weren't a million miles away and she'd often be in the newsagent next door buying a paper and a bottle of wine at 9am.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is the Albion in Islington, Nice area`ish (expensive). No newspaper shop next door though

Attachments

• AlbionN1.jpg
    AlbionN1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 247

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And this is the Albion thats been closed recently, which used to be full of Ol`school gangsters on Blundell st. You could buy anything in there.....i mean anything !!

Attachments

• 3873444717_667c8b818d.jpg
    3873444717_667c8b818d.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 244

Dandyman

In London village.
Come out the tube (Angel), walk up Liverpool Road then turn left and it's on a rather pleasant square??

If so then yeah, used to love that boozer. It's shut down you say now?

Sue Pollard used to live around the corner and was often in there slashed right up. Our offices weren't a million miles away and she'd often be in the newsagent next door buying a paper and a bottle of wine at 9am.

That's the one (as per mr Billy's photo). Don't think it's closed?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was an enjoying ramble through the past 12 years, with a few interesting insights and anecdotes... and very nice to meet, and share a beer with, a couple of friendly NSCers too!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Albion pub crawl is the GDC rather than SoL.

I have fond memories of The Albion in Islington - a country pub in the middle of N1.

It was the preserve of SOL. I was one of the founders/organisers of the first Albion pub crawl. Piers was a wee nipper in them days.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah not far its between York way and cally rd, but your in the right ball park why ?

I know the place. I used to live on South Villas at the top of Camden Square.

Happy days living in Camden.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It was the preserve of SOL. I was one of the founders/organisers of the first Albion pub crawl. Piers was a wee nipper in them days.

Indeed it was, and indeed he was - I found the photos the other day!

I know the place. I used to live on South Villas at the top of Camden Square.

Happy days living in Camden.

I have fond memories of that place during the two original pub crawls.

First year, we pitched up there just after 11, the bolts on the door went up and we got embroiled in a lock-in.

Second year, I got stitched right up with their Karaoke night!

I was also responsible for accidently 'discovering' the 'West Brom' Albion pub in Goldsmiths Row in Hackney after getting hopelessly lost in London Fields/Cambridge Heath looking for another one we were supposed to be going to and getting separated.

f000005a.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed it was, and indeed he was - I found the photos the other day!

I have fond memories of that place during the two original pub crawls.

First year, we pitched up there just after 11, the bolts on the door went up and we got embroiled in a lock-in.

Second year, I got stitched right up with their Karaoke night!

I was also responsible for accidently 'discovering' the 'West Brom' Albion pub in Goldsmiths Row in Hackney after getting hopelessly lost in London Fields/Cambridge Heath looking for another one we were supposed to be going to and getting separated.

f000005a.jpg

I remember this. It was a balmy afternoon and we asked some Jamaican family where the pub was. They were intrigued by us, we got talking, and ended up hanging out with them for a while after they offered food and drink from their BBQ.

I also seem to recall I got told off over the PA of the Woolwich ferry when I scaled some mast at the front of the boat.

Ah, then there was that barfly wearing an Everton shirt with numerous Toffee tattoos on his arms who, after chatting to me for about 20 mins, offered his hand and told me he was an Everton fan.......I'm glad he cleared that one up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports