Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls over London - Dick Knight attending

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The next meeting of Seagulls over London is on Wednesday 23 September at the Royal Oak pub in Borough. The meeting starts at 7:30pm.

Dick Knight has agreed to attend (subject to any last minute issues) so it should be a good night. All are welcome.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The next meeting of Seagulls over London is on Wednesday 23 September at the Royal Oak pub in Borough. The meeting starts at 7:30pm.

Dick Knight has agreed to attend (subject to any last minute issues) so it should be a good night. All are welcome.

seems like a perfect occassion to attend my first meeting since moving up this way - right outside my office too. thanks :ascarf:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What is Seagulls over London ?

Brighton fans who live in london perhaps ???

I belive they have regular meetings and guest speakers, also i belive they once did a pub crawl in London using only pubs called the Albion, one being round the corner from me in Islington also one even closer in between Kings Cross and Camden off york way. However this closed recently due to underhand dealings in said pub.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I belive they have regular meetings and guest speakers, also i belive they once did a pub crawl in London using only pubs called the Albion, one being round the corner from me in Islington also one even closer in between Kings Cross and Camden off york way. However this closed recently due to underhand dealings in said pub.

Thank you PF.
Strange name though, could understand "in" London, but over ???

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I don't think the link works
I have tried to find this bloody pub more times than that - I used to work about 5 minutes away on Borough High Street but have never succeeded in finding the boozer.
Unfortunately I am unable to attend next week or I would give it another go - maybe blindfold this time !!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
SoL background

If you live or work in the capital, you’ll get a lot from joining Seagulls over London. It’s an opportunity to hear about all things Albion, from the inside. A chance to meet other Seagulls fans and talk about the things that really matter – like how much more fun it would be if the board really did bow to NSC whim and sack a manager every time he failed to win in five games.

We normally meet on the third Thursday of every other month and the venue is the Royal Oak, Tabard Street (nearest tubes London Bridge and Borough). And just to make you feel at home, it sells Harvey’s. SoL membership will cost you a hefty fiver a year. That’s right. Five Quid. No increase in subs since 1921.

Kick-off on the night is normally at 7.30pm. For big-ticket guests like Dick Knight you really do need to get there early to get a seat. A lively and convivial evening is always guaranteed. Wish I could be there.

For directions, see here

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
SoL background

If you live or work in the capital, you’ll get a lot from joining Seagulls over London. It’s an opportunity to hear about all things Albion, from the inside. A chance to meet other Seagulls fans and talk about the things that really matter – like how much more fun it would be if the board really did bow to NSC whim and sack a manager every time he failed to win in five games.

We normally meet on the third Thursday of every other month and the venue is the Royal Oak, Tabard Street (nearest tubes London Bridge and Borough). And just to make you feel at home, it sells Harvey’s. SoL membership will cost you a hefty fiver a year. That’s right. Five Quid. No increase in subs since 1921.

Kick-off on the night is normally at 7.30pm. For big-ticket guests like Dick Knight you really do need to get there early to get a seat. A lively and convivial evening is always guaranteed. Wish I could be there.

For directions, see here

Me and a mate will be making our debuts for this. To whom de way pay said five English pounds?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Mr. Paul Whelch, the organiser, who will no doubt make himself known to you at the pub.....we meet in the back (smaller) bar of the pub prior to k/off.

See you there!

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters

The Albion pub crawl is the GDC rather than SoL.

I have fond memories of The Albion in Islington - a country pub in the middle of N1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here