Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls gold membership

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So what happens if it's a Wednesday, I forgot to have breakfast but had a largish lunch and there's a slightly prevailing South Westerly and there's speed restrictions on the M62?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Upgrading doesn't work online.

Says "Membership type not selected" with no option to actually select.

:ffsparr:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

I had this problem, when you get the card details up and it says gold membership above It, click on the blue box and it will let you tick your details then type in the card details

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Click on "gold" just above the payment details and it opens up for you to select who you are opting in (took me a while to work out).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Mine said the same but if you go back up and click on gold membership any s/t on your friends and family then appear and you can select the ones you want to pay for.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I had this problem, when you get the card details up and it says gold membership above It, click on the blue box and it will let you tick your details then type in the card details

Click on "gold" just above the payment details and it opens up for you to select who you are opting in (took me a while to work out).

Mine said the same but if you go back up and click on gold membership any s/t on your friends and family then appear and you can select the ones you want to pay for.

Thanks gents. I should have tried clicking randomly around the page! :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just ignore the email. Don't give them your credit card details unless you actively want Gold Membership longterm. If you give them your credit card details and sign up for the Gold Membership then the impetus is then on you to cancel it after the potential/unlikely playoffs. If you don't give them your credit card details then you'll still have a limited window in which to apply for your own seat. It's just scare-mongering and a bit pathetic really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just ignore the email. Don't give them your credit card details unless you actively want Gold Membership longterm. If you give them your credit card details and sign up for the Gold Membership then the impetus is then on you to cancel it after the potential/unlikely playoffs. If you don't give them your credit card details then you'll still have a limited window in which to apply for your own seat.

They don't need your credit card details if you pay by direct debit. They already have your bank details. Gold membership automatically ends with the season and you have to renew it at the start of the next season. I did it last summer. It was called the auto cup scheme previously.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just ignore the email. Don't give them your credit card details unless you actively want Gold Membership longterm. If you give them your credit card details and sign up for the Gold Membership then the impetus is then on you to cancel it after the potential/unlikely playoffs. If you don't give them your credit card details then you'll still have a limited window in which to apply for your own seat. It's just scare-mongering and a bit pathetic really.

Email says you have to opt in again next year to keep Gold not the other way around.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They don't need your credit card details if you pay by direct debit. They already have your bank details. Gold membership automatically ends with the season and you have to renew it at the start of the next season. I did it last summer. It was called the auto cup scheme previously.

Well I just momentarily panicked into replying to the email. Which is what they want you to do. More or less the first thing it wanted, after I'd logged in, was my credit card details to set up Gold Membership. They can f*ck right off, basically.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I just momentarily panicked into replying to the email. Which is what they want you to do. More or less the first thing it wanted, after I'd logged in, was my credit card details to set up Gold Membership. They can f*ck right off, basically.

Do you pay up front or direct debit?
I suppose I don't think about the credit/debit card details as I buy my away tickets that way, but I can see why you would find it strange!! :wink:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just done this, seems like a good idea. The email is worded very badly though. It does sound like they wanna make a few quid out of you. They should make it clearer it is for the home leg playoff ONLY! its does say but its lost in the email.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you pay up front or direct debit?
I suppose I don't think about the credit/debit card details as I buy my away tickets that way, but I can see why you would find it strange!! :wink:

Direct debit. Won't be panicked into signing up for anything further. If they sell my ST out from under me, without giving me a chance to book my seat for potential playoffs under existing arrangements then they can swing for it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Direct debit. Won't be panicked into signing up for anything further. If they sell my ST out from under me, without giving me a chance to book my seat for potential playoffs under existing arrangements then they can swing for it.

This, I do not remember a big issue sorting out play-off tickets last season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

We had more time last season as we were at home in the second semi final.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

We had more time last season as we were away first leg.

All the club are saying is if you definitely want your ticket register as a Gold member for one game only and you will get your ticket automatically and save the booking fee. It doesn't renew and there is no downside. It just relieves the pressure on the systems for the one or two day window there will be for getting your ticket otherwise.

I don't get the paranoia on here sometimes.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Damned if they do damned if they dont.

If they didn't do this the little dears would be whining about why didnt the club forsee this blah blah blah.

It costs nothing, it will only cost the price of a match ticket minus the booking fee (so your actually saving) and will not automatically renew next season.

Christ on a bike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here