Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Player

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Out of interest do you how many people subscribe to the Seagull Player?

I did
and would again when and if they were to supply a reasonable service, which is unlikely to happen all the time the world and its auntie are involved

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We will aim to have our own back-up stream in place for Saturday, should the stream fail in future. We will then circulate a link to that stream.

to late for me I'm afraid
I will put up with the youtube thingy but I do miss the extended highlights, but will suffer not having them as a line has to be drawn somewhere

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is there commentary via YouTube for every game? Can someone post a link please?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there commentary via YouTube for every game? Can someone post a link please?

I wonder if we could set this up ourselves? All we need is a willing person in the UK with a digital radio and a PC. I'd be willing to contribute financially for 'costs.' Am I correct in thinking that Radio Southern Counties is not on the internet? If it is on the internet then it will be really easy.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wonder if we could set this up ourselves? All we need is a willing person in the UK with a digital radio and a PC. I'd be willing to contribute financially for 'costs.' Am I correct in thinking that Radio Southern Counties is not on the internet? If it is on the internet then it will be really easy.

This is the biggest issue and the only reason that I, and many others paid out for SP. If the commentary was available online I wouldn't have a need SP. It will be much more difficult for me to find out how we are doing 'live', because often I'm driving and listening to the game. I feel very let down by a crap service and it seems little can/will be done to improve it in the foreseeable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is the biggest issue and the only reason that I, and many others paid out for SP. If the commentary was available online I wouldn't have a need SP. It will be much more difficult for me to find out how we are doing 'live', because often I'm driving and listening to the game. I feel very let down by a crap service and it seems little can/will be done to improve it in the foreseeable.

I was wondering if it was available in the UK but blocked abroad.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Radio Sussex do not broadcast the Albion games over the net as they don't have digital rights. Occasionally they've made a mistake but usually it's only non league matches that are streamed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Radio Sussex do not broadcast the Albion games over the net as they don't have digital rights. Occasionally they've made a mistake but usually it's only non league matches that are streamed.

Thanks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you pay your [SP subscription] money to Brighton and Hove Albion FC your contract is with them and so you should only ever communicate with and complain to then.

A much better analogy would be an internet service provider of your broadband service. Ignoring cable [ie Virgin Media] options, lets say you use any one of the many ISPs and pay your money monthly, to say TalkTalk. The ISP relies and uses the local BT exchange and the cables from the exchange to your property.

So, if you are getting poor or intermittent broadband connection, would you complain to TalkTalk or go direct to BT? Contractually, its TalkTalk's responsibility but they have subcontracted the supply of the product to BT [equipment], doesn't mean TalkTalk can excuse the failure or hide behind any BT inadequacies.

Subscribers pay their fees to Perform who are employed by the FL (who own the digital rights of all clubs - Leeds and Boro were PL when the deal was struck) to provide this service. It would help if they made this clear on the site.

Thank you Insider. Yes, the payment goes out directly via a debit card direct debit to Perform every September. It was August (start of the season) originally but I got a month free, so changed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No more than knowing what the gate numbers are at games. The club should know how many of their fans have signed up and there is no commercially sensitive reason for it not to be in the public domain.

I'm sure the club do know subscriber numbers. But this service is contract based and come renewal time the BBC/Perform will submit their tenders to the Football League, but there may be competitors, for example in our area Juice FM who may wish to tender. If the numbers were public domain then of course bids could be altered!

For that reason, I still see it as commercially sensitive info.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just watched the extended highlights which has BBC commentary patched over the top of the video. What a terrible job, for the first few mins the video is hopelessly out of sync with the video - ruined the experience. I'd love to cancel my subs but being out of BBC Sussex catchment I've no choice. Streaming audio live to a few thousand, its hardly web 2.0.

Just wonder if the issues are confined to Seagulls player or whether they effect other clubs, I would imagine it is the case. Seems their infrastructure just isn't up to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS. I just had a message pop up on my phone saying the commentary was playing in the back ground and the phone started hissing. Seemingly no where I can stop the 'commentary' either; the usual play/pause button had disappeared. I have had to delete the app. What utter ****ing shite this app is. How can the club continue to promote and take money for this rubbish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Streaming audio live to a few thousand, its hardly web 2.0.

I know. This is what makes it so frustrating. It really is simple tech.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here