Seagull Player

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I just sent them this:

Hi,
Yet again I have had a frustrating afternoon trying to listen to the commentary of the Albion match. Living in Malta, this is the only option to get live commentary.
I am not the only one dissatisfied with the service.

Look here http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?291619-Seagull-Player.

I work in online payments and am considering charging back for goods/ service not as described and of course I will share this information with the Brighton Fans forum.Virtually every match this season has had poor quality service with constant cutting out.
Please get this issue resolved as it is a real lifeline for us expat fans and indeed others who cannot attend matches.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm sorry but your attitude is as defeatist as Insiders.

I have been in a similar position whereby it did not matter how much customer service I wanted to deliver, I was constantly thwarted by outside agencies that I was responsible for internally, but ultimately they were outside of my control.

I am not being defeatist - he tested it, it worked, so then it rightly was left alone - how can he be more proactive than that?

What he has to do now is ask serious questions of the supplier and get their assurances that it cannot happen again (backup feeds etc). It is extremely frustrating and he knows that. Questions need to be asked by the club, but to say that Insider is defeatist when he is trying his hardest to get it fixed during a game, is wrong. The longer term issue of why it keeps happening is something that the club have to address though, or come up with an alternative.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I just sent them this:

Hi,
Yet again I have had a frustrating afternoon trying to listen to the commentary of the Albion match. Living in Malta, this is the only option to get live commentary.

I work in online payments and am considering charging back for goods/ service not as described and of course I will share this information with the Brighton Fans forum.Virtually every match this season has had poor quality service with constant cutting out.
Please get this issue resolved as it is a real lifeline for us expat fans and indeed others who cannot attend matches.

Good for you. We need to let them know this isn't acceptable and is ruining our Saturdays and enjoyment. Well done and hope you get a reply.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I just sent them this:

Hi,

Do you need my phone number to keep me posted? Just in case you get a ban from here! ;)

Good luck, I too hope you get a positive response from someone that cares.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
El President banned glasfryn for asking a question about Player.
That seems on the face of it to be very harsh. Does El President not think the service is rubbish as well? Could there perhaps be other reasons for the ban apart from complainig about Seagull Player? Am I about to be banned in that case? Crikey.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Given that there were a large number of us who all had the problem during the match today it shouldn't be too hard to prove that there is a general issue with SP rather than individual users having issues with their own PCs.

a lot of us have been saying this for years (yes that is years)
I have now ditched it but as I said before I feel for those who don't live in the area or abroad

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
That seems on the face of it to be very harsh. Does El President not think the service is rubbish as well? Could there perhaps be other reasons for the ban apart from complainig about Seagull Player? Am I about to be banned in that case? Crikey.

Don't know but he'll be gunning for me now. Feck him, ban me if he wants because after that shower of shite (player) then I don't really care.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It doesn't cut out when John Gregory is interviewed though, Unfortunately!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ask the club is not for complaints according to Nsc as I understand it.

When I was having trouble with Player I complained directly to Perform who provide the 'service'. I think someone posted their email earlier in the thread. I got a sort of apology from them and a free month.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El President banned glasfryn for asking a question about Player.

Errr............no I didn't. If you ask a polite question then there is no issue.

Saying 'heads must roll' isn't a question.

I have Seagulls Player and also think it is bobbins, so will gladly join any action/campaign to have the service improved, including, (but not restricted to), mass resignation from SP to show that we are not prepared to accept the poor level of service.

I would encourage 1901'ers to do the same. If everyone refused to eat the £14 catering 'specials' on the same day then the club would sit up and take notice perhaps as they would be left with some inedible leftovers.

Non violent, direct civil action is always an effective approach IMO.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Errr............no I didn't. If you ask a polite question then there is no issue.

Saying 'heads must roll' isn't a question.

I have Seagulls Player and also think it is bobbins, so will gladly join any action/campaign to have the service improved, including, (but not restricted to), mass resignation from SP to show that we are not prepared to accept the poor level of service.

I would encourage 1901'ers to do the same. If everyone refused to eat the £14 catering 'specials' on the same day then the club would sit up and take notice perhaps as they would be left with some inedible leftovers.

Non violent, direct civil action is always an effective approach IMO.

I bloody knew you'd direct straight to me. I don't care. You are a bully and left wing. I'm not interested in what you have to say, my Saturday has been ruined by PLAYER and I'm not going to let you ruin it even more. Ban me if you want as that's what you know best.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I bloody knew you'd direct straight to me. I don't care. You are a bully and left wing. I'm not interested in what you have to say, my Saturday has been ruined by PLAYER and I'm not going to let you ruin it even more. Ban me if you want as that's what you know best.

Why should we ban you, apart from the fact you were banned permanently before under your former name?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been in a similar position whereby it did not matter how much customer service I wanted to deliver, I was constantly thwarted by outside agencies that I was responsible for internally, but ultimately they were outside of my control.

I am not being defeatist - he tested it, it worked, so then it rightly was left alone - how can he be more proactive than that?

What he has to do now is ask serious questions of the supplier and get their assurances that it cannot happen again (backup feeds etc). It is extremely frustrating and he knows that. Questions need to be asked by the club, but to say that Insider is defeatist when he is trying his hardest to get it fixed during a game, is wrong. The longer term issue of why it keeps happening is something that the club have to address though, or come up with an alternative.

I'm sorry but his responses to me come across as defeatist. He needs to really drive the issue as his current approach of repeatedly asking the providers is clearly not working; it's been shite for months. This repeated asking shows a level of acceptance of the current situation..which in my mind is defeatist.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm sorry but his responses to me come across as defeatist. He needs to really drive the issue as his current approach of repeatedly asking the providers is clearly not working. This repeated asking shows a level of acceptance of the current situation..which in my mind is defeatist.

Ok.

There are 2 issues here though - the ongoing problems and the immediate resolution of the problems during a match. I am principally responding to the immediate problems during a match as i do not think there is more that he could have done - he has to be reactive in that situation.

There is a major problem ongoing, which the club appeared to have had some sort of success with recently, which has come to light again today. This, I hope, is what the club will concentrate on going forward in a proactive manner - ie get a resolution and proper solution or look elsewhere.

I am just as frustrated as you, honest! :thumbsup:

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
When player was down i flicked through some other match commentaries. All seemed OK, no dropouts etc. I don't understand why "Seagulls Player" has so many problems with live match commentary. It was mildly amusing when we had the commentator mike on-air when they weren't aware a while ago, but to miss the end of the match today was frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports