Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Player

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you will find it is a Football League partnership & therefore the club DONT have a choice as they are in the football league.

Not true. It's the clubs decision to run with this rubbish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club said on a tweet on 23 Nov that they will start looking for an alternative. I wonder if there has been any progress? Insider?

I hope they do.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
No. It's not outside of the clubs control. If the club are willing to peddle it and get money for it then they also take ownership and also our criticism. If it's "shambolic" then the club has to deal with it. They cannot simply blame others and wash their hands of it.

I know what you are saying, but anytime you are dealing with outside contractors, nothing is ever really under your control. They don't appear to be washing their hands of it, but are being frustrated by outside concerns - you can tell them to jump as many times as you like, but at the end of the day there is not a lot you can do if they do not want o jump or jump fast enough.

I agree, though, that an alternative would be good.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Not true, plenty of clubs, including our opponents today, have an independent service.

Then I sit corrected. I thought there wasnt a choice. So its purely a monetary reason then I guess brighton get a cut of the proceeds for using it ????? Its the fault of that bloody FFP & Barber again. :ffsparr:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well what should have been a great afternoon listening has been totally spoilt by the crap that is Seagulls Player.

I will be expecting an apology from the club with details of what they are going to do about it for the future. That really should be the last nail in Seagull Player's coffin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They don't appear to be washing their hands of it

But this is how it feels when you get reactive responses from Insider. Maybe there is no conscious washing of hands but all the time there seems to be no real ownership of the issue by the club I do not feel the club are on my side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well what should have been a great afternoon listening has been totally spoilt by the crap that is Seagulls Player.

I will be expecting an apology from the club with details of what they are going to do about it for the future. That really should be the last nail in Seagull Player's coffin.

This. Very much this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe Barber can also buy us all a pint as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here