Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Icy you know the rules.

You don't actually have to be any good to become the doyen of NSC global network of talent scouts.
You just have to score 2 goals against the Albion, at the AMEX.

Errr I am a big Vydra fan..

Vydra and Murray was my dream team this season :down:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Come on Icy you know the rules.

You don't actually have to be any good to become the doyen of NSC global network of talent scouts.

He didn't just score against us, he ripped us to shreds, so you can understand why he has a lasting impact in people's minds.

Also been playing exceptionally well for Derby lately btw.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He didn't just score against us, he ripped us to shreds, so you can understand why he has a lasting impact in people's minds.
When we played a high line with slow defenders.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Errr I am a big Vydra fan..

Vydra and Murray was my dream team this season :down:

The thing that you're MASSIVELY overlooking is that we now only sign strikers that have previously played for the club. Fran Sandaza is apparently available (for the right price).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My Brentford mate says he was crocked for basically 2 years and should stay on for this season to repay them but I'm sure 10 million will be sufficient to him 😂

Very risky with his recent injuries that's for sure!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
These players might have got Rochdale promoted:

Gilks (Rangers) GK

Craig Dawson (WBA) DF

Forwards:

Scott Hogan (Brentford)
Will Buckley (Sunderland/Wednesday)
Glenn Murray (Brighton/Bournemouth)

Subs:
le Fondre (Cardiff)
O'Grady (Burton/Brighton)
Grant Holt (Hibernian)

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton

Not the fact he scored a brace against us at the Amex. More of the fact he's scored 13 goals in 22 games in a crap mid tabled Brentford side. If we brought him in and he could link up with Murray they could be letha. That's the hype around him

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So in the last January transfer window, there was a team in 2nd place (P25 PTS 48). They thought they were going up. They signed the 3rd highest goal scorer in the Championship (who'd bagged 13 at his previous club in the 1st half of that season) building from a position of strength.

This striker had never been prolific before and went on to score one single goal in 20 appearances for this club as they cracked like a ****ing papadum and slipped out of contention.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
So in the last January transfer window, there was a team in 2nd place (P25 PTS 48). They thought they were going up. They signed the 3rd highest goal scorer in the Championship (who'd bagged 13 at his previous club in the 1st half of that season) building from a position of strength.

This striker had never been prolific before and went on to score one single goal in 20 appearances for this club as they cracked like a ****ing papadum and slipped out of contention.

That is a fair point and this does seem to be an eerily similar scenario! I do think Hogan is a lot better than Blackman though. He's scored at a very good rate throughout his career when he's not been injured, whereas Blackman simply had a good 3-4months of form having been consistently awful prior.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Is that Blackman? He wasn't a record signing or anything was he?

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
Why do people think that spending big on a player from the championship is the awnser, we got knocky for less that CMS! Knocky already is a premier league player, who says we won't go abroad again?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I do think Hogan is a lot better than Blackman though.......Blackman simply had a good 3-4months of form having been consistently awful prior.

True. I think the risk with Hogan is that he'd get another significant injury rather than he'd be crap.

Is that Blackman? He wasn't a record signing or anything was he?

Yes it's Blackman. And no, unlike say CMS, it wasn't anywhere near a record signing for Derby.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
May be a long shot for us (probably is) but even just for a half season loan, Berahino. he played against our u23's the other day and doesn't look like he's going to be playing in front of Rondon anytime soon. But like I said, a long shot.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Why do people think that spending big on a player from the championship is the awnser, we got knocky for less that CMS! Knocky already is a premier league player, who says we won't go abroad again?

There's nothing to say that the club won't bring in a player from abroad, but there's a higher chance that a player who is already used to both Championship football and can speak the language will adapt quicker.

Knockaert already had experience of the league having had 3 seasons at Leicester, so knew what to expect.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
Robbie Keane is the awnser then, speaks the language, obviously hasn't played championship, but he'd take us to the promise land whilst helping the younger players, and I couldn't see him being the billy big bollocks and ruining the relationship of the group, I think he'd make it stronger?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here