Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs England

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep.

1991 FA Cup Semi-Final Gascoigne 2 Arsenal 0 after 10 minutes including THAT free kick and opening up the defence for the other. Magic.

Shame about the Final.

Remembering Gazza had been injured for a long time prior to that game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We were awful but I thought Ming's was quite solid !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

If you want your centre back to be in the mould of Shane Duffy then he did ok, if you want your centre back to also be a football player and not a clumsy oaf then he’s simply not good enough.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Terrible, unambitious, risk averse performance. However, a draw between us and the Czechs in the final game puts both of us through in first and second place. Neither of us has a particular motivation to win the game. A draw would mean that we would be second and would avoid the runners up from Group F. That dull performance and negative approach has actually put us in the best position to progress in the easier side of the first knockout stage. I'd surely be over-estimating Southgate to imagine that this was his aim, but, following Croatia's equaliser, the draw was probably the best result for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last four seasons he has 28 goals in 34 European matches and 117 in 159 EPL.

Is there any track that isn't flat ?

Impressive stats, how many of those goals were against top teams? I know that a VERY small percentage were against decent teams in meaningful matches for England

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My take. It is for sure a disappointing result. But we haven’t played well in 2 games yet have 4 points and should qualify.

Teams that win these things are often slow burners. This team have got several gears to go to, and we haven’t even seen Sancho yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you want your centre back to be in the mould of Shane Duffy then he did ok, if you also want your centre back to a football player and not a clumsy oaf then he’s simply not good enough.

All three Brighton CBs could have started in the first two games and would have been comfortable. I also think that Dunk or Webster would have scored the chance Stones missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It was like listening to a 45rpm single played at 33rpm.

Completely the wrong speed and far too slow. Maybe the players were tired?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Scotland played well :clap2:

England were a bit shit :shootself

Seeing how happy Souness is with a 0-0 draw in a game where they were probably the better team sums up why, for better or worse, I'm glad I'm cursed with following England rather than Scotland.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My take. It is for sure a disappointing result. But we haven’t played well in 2 games yet have 4 points and should qualify.

Teams that win these things are often slow burners. This team have got several gears to go to, and we haven’t even seen Sancho yet.

…. or, France, Belgium and Italy have a bucketloads of players we can only dream of.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Disappointed by Southgate in that interview.
Blaming it on youngsters not being used to the occasion when it was his desicions that ****ed things up.
Very poor,and looked like a man under pressure.

Didn't bother staying to watch the autopsy, but I imagined almost word for word what he would say so I don't feel like I missed anything. Lots of eye contact, humble talk of "growth" and "the group". "Taking a lot from the game", lathering praise on Scotland's performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here