Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs England

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched a re run of England 4 v Holland 1 the other day.
Gazza was supreme, I watched him closely and I swear every pass went to an England player and his skill on the ball was jaw dropping, in fact the whole team were brilliant, a stark contrast to tonight.

Did you used to watch a load of club and England football in the 80’s and 90’s. Gazza was amazing for Newcastle and especially Spuds, so often England MOTM, running complete games (pre and post injury).

The greatest English player in my 48 years of watching, by a country mile.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's only a game :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I gave credit to Southgate for the Croatia result but tonight was proof, to me, that we have a manager who is tactically clueless. He needs the sack when we go out to the first decent team we meet in the knockout rounds. Clown

But we all know who the obvious replacement is, so let’s hope the waistcoat Wally stays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ian Wright was embarrassed by that performance, that makes two of us

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I gave credit to Southgate for the Croatia result but tonight was proof, to me, that we have a manager who is tactically clueless. He needs the sack when we go out to the first decent team we meet in the knockout rounds. Clown

Why on earth did he select Kane? A traffic light would’ve had more movement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did you used to watch a load of club and England football in the 80’s and 90’s. Gazza was amazing for Newcastle and especially Spuds, so often England MOTM, running complete games (pre and post injury).

The greatest English player in my 48 years of watching, by a country mile.

This.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Two holding in the middle doesn’t work - Should have taken rice off for Grealish and put Foden down the middle

Reece James takes on left backs for fun at Chelsea but not once for country, managed out?

Kane and Sterling well off the pace.

Brightonesque defensive masterclass from the Scots, fair play to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
England's style reflect their manager's personality. Dull, dull and dull.

Sterling should have been off at half time but no, he's a southgate favourite. Kane was ineffective in everything he did.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ladies and Gents I give you Reece James , magnificent passing stats for tonight's game 55 passes , 43 BACKWARDS 9 SIDEWAYS 4 forward :bowdown:

Was one of them both backwards and forwards at the same time then? Or did one of the 56 passes not count towards the total?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How did England reach the semi final of the World Cup two years ago after watching that.
I bet European bookies don't have England as one of the favourites.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We need to rethink our tactics because we’re not creating anything.

You have not been charged for this information.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ladies and Gents I give you Reece James , magnificent passing stats for tonight's game 55 passes , 43 BACKWARDS 9 SIDEWAYS 4 forward :bowdown:

Martin Montoya would have been proud!

He offered absolutely nothing going forward, trust issues from GS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How did England reach the semi final of the World Cup two years ago after watching that.
I bet European bookies don't have England as one of the favourites.

Fairly easy draw. But you still have to win the games.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s no use picking overlapping full backs to get in crosses if they don’t bother doing their jobs. Very poor all round. Even made Mings look better than poor. Agree Pickford MOM.
Southgate needs to give them a kicking and pick some players who are prepared to attack, rather than this retrograde step of back and square passing.
More years of hurt ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here