Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School governor forced to resign for joining UKIP

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair point but if he was 'sacked' for another reason then I would expect the school to be able to say so immediately.

I think the school have done the right thing here in that respect. They could make a statement immediately but part of it may be out of context, open to interpretation or only part of the story. Best to put a placeholder 'we will comment in due course' and then have a meeting to gather all the facts before committing word to paper. To my mind, it doesn't mean they are deliberately hiding something but going through due diligence rather than a hasty comment that may or may not come back to bite them on the bum.

There is more to this story than meets the eye.

For one, it is only based on what the governor is saying.

All school governing boards are reconstituting as part of a government wide review of how governing bodies work. It wouldn't be uncommon for someone who has served 2 terms on one body (i.e. 8 years) to step aside - perhaps to allow new representation.

Strikes me that this councillor may well have got the hump with being asked to step aside, and in gaining some publicity for himself has made this political. Certainly got himself in the broadsheets.

Think I'll wait until the school makes a statement before I feign outrage.
Indeed. My experience of being a school governor is that the whole business of ensuring that the governing body is properly "balanced" can get rather complicated. It's necessary for everyone involved to be sensitive to the wishes of parents, teaching staff, the head teacher, interested local organisations, church interests (if it's a church school), the local education authority, etc, etc, etc.

Sometimes difficult or sensitive decisions have to be taken and I can easily imagine an aggrieved individual rushing to complain about a particular decision.

In the case of the governing body that I was a member of, there was once deadlock in deciding between two candidates to fill a casual vacancy. The "rules" said that arbitration would be done by the Secretary of State for Education. The Chair of the Governors duly wrote to the Secretary of State, setting out the issues, and expecting a response from a civil servant. But no. What actually happened was that David Blunkett himself phoned up to get some more background information and he duly took a decision at the end of the phone call.

All this for a very trivial matter relating to a small rural primary school with 80 kids on the roll.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can furnish screenshots of your PM's if you like ?

Ive told you repeatedly, you halfwit...you can post what you like here...IM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT IT..YOU ARE ARE TERRIFIED THAT YOUR 'MANLY' SCREEN PERSONA IS AT RISK.......

Post whatever you like....its clear your shallow ego demands it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ño you didn't, there was no meet arranged, you told all and sundry that you'd be in wetherspoons on west st, somewhere safe with lots of cameras.

If you and Daveinprague are going to have a rumble it just has to be in front of cameras surely.

Battling Bushy versus Dangerous Dave.............. It's pure WWE.....
You are funny you lot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you should follow your own advice before drawing judgements. As with others, I think there's a lot more to this than meets the eye and you may well be right but right now in your post above, you're as guilty as Farage of jumping to conclusions.

I'll remember this when you're "jumping to conclusions" about Germany, Greece and the EU as a whole :smile:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ive told you repeatedly, you halfwit...you can post what you like here...IM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT IT..YOU ARE ARE TERRIFIED THAT YOUR 'MANLY' SCREEN PERSONA IS AT RISK.......

Oh look at the back tracker !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'll always get one to put a defensive slant on it , probably in denial :whistle:
regards
DR

FFS, I didn't 'put a defensive slant' on anything. I just pointed out a massive error in a few people's interpretation of the 'story', so that they could have a more intelligent debate (which suggesting that the Headteacher had effectively 'sacked' this guy, was clearly not).

It's your post if any that is 'defensive', if you have a little think about it.

Jan 30, 2008

calm down ,you're an adult after all???
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im very calm...as always....I dont get angry once a month, and offer to beat people up haha... I think your calm demeanor should be with your little friend. He has issues.
I noticed he disappeared off another thread the other day when it was brought up after he was being a dickhead...again.

Jan 30, 2008
FFS, I didn't 'put a defensive slant' on anything. I just pointed out a massive error in a few people's interpretation of the 'story', so that they could have a more intelligent debate (which suggesting that the Headteacher had effectively 'sacked' this guy, was clearly not).

It's your post if any that is 'defensive', if you have a little think about it.
ok if that's how you want to interpret it either way they're being victimised
regards
DR

SAC

May 21, 2014
Are people really using NSC as a means to meet up, or not, and have a fight, or not? Classy.

Jan 30, 2008
Im very calm...as always....I dont get angry once a month, and offer to beat people up haha... I think your calm demeanor should be with your little friend. He has issues.
I noticed he disappeared off another thread the other day when it was brought up after he was being a dickhead...again.
that's choice coming from you
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If there is one thing sadder than arranging to meet up for a FIGHT over an internet disagreement, it's probably arranging to meet up for a FIGHT over an internet disagreement, and then bottling it and pretending it was a joke.

Honestly, that is almost too pathetic for words.

Anyway, this thread is completely ruined now so I'll leave you to it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If there is one thing sadder than arranging to meet up for a FIGHT over an internet disagreement, it's probably arranging to meet up for a FIGHT over an internet disagreement, and then bottling it and pretending it was a joke.

Honestly, that is almost too pathetic for words.

Anyway, this thread is completely ruined now so I'll leave you to it.

hahahahaha.,...Gimpster has spoken...all kneel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here