Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School governor forced to resign for joining UKIP

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Youre right. The head cant click her fingers and get rid of him. Which is why the 'story' doesnt sit well.

So you're suggesting UKIP are using it as a ploy or excuse ? What is your excuse for not turning up on 16th Oct ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah thatll be it...god forbid this is anything to do with the governor or his use of UKIP to 'claim' (a word used in the article) dismissal for political reasons. I believe the story is bollocks.

How many times was the word 'alleged' used in that article thats posted here as more or less 'fact'?
Well you 'alleged' I bottled out of meeting you , then when I did arrange and turn up for a meet you 'claimed' it was all a cunning ruse and you never had any intention of turning up, I rather think some of your previous posts on the matter give the lie to that particular claim :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes I did - he resigned after pressure form the Head to do so. Did you not read the article ?

Why are you going on about due process of the board of governors and them publishing documents then?

The crux of this story seems to really only involve the councillor and the head.

If all the head has done is say she doesn't think his political views are compatible with the school - that doesn't force him to resign. He can sit in front of the governors, state that he would never let his politics influence his decisions as a governor of the school, and even ask of a vote of confidence. Instead he chose to immediately resign, then make a big fuss in the papers.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why are you going on about due process of the board of governors and them publishing documents then?

The crux of this story seems to really only involve the councillor and the head.

If all the head has done is say she doesn't think his political views are compatible with the school - that doesn't force him to resign. He can sit in front of the governors, state that he would never let his politics influence his decisions as a governor of the school, and even ask of a vote of confidence. Instead he chose to immediately resign, then make a big fuss in the papers.

I'm going on about it because he supports a perfectly legal political party and so the Head shouldn't have even suggested to him his political affiliation had anything to do with his appointment as a governor. If he was pressured to resign then the school could release a statement immediately - they won't so therefore they are making something up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well you 'alleged' I bottled out of meeting you , then when I did arrange and turn up for a meet you 'claimed' it was all a cunning ruse and you never had any intention of turning up, I rather think some of your previous posts on the matter give the lie to that particular claim :lolol:

Aw, are you still trying to tell the world? haha....it really hurt you didnt it.

Lets make it clear...

I DID NOT SHOW UP SO BUSHY COULD BEAT ME UP. I WENT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO ENJOY A BAND, WHILST A GROWN MAN TRAVELLED FROM HAYWARDS HEATH TO HOVE IN ORDER TO BEAT UP SOMEBODY HE DOESNT LIKE ON THE INTERNET. PERSONALLY, I ENJOYED THE IMAGE OF A GROWN NITWIT WANDERING AROUND MUTTERING AND GETTING FRUSTRATED.

is that ok?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going on about it because he supports a perfectly legal political party and so the Head shouldn't have even suggested to him his political affiliation had anything to do with his appointment as a governor. If he was pressured to resign then the school could release a statement immediately - they won't so therefore they are making something up.

I think you're taking this story far too much at face value. Something doesn't quite ring true with it, for me. I'm sure in time, the truth will out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So you're suggesting UKIP are using it as a ploy or excuse ? What is your excuse for not turning up on 16th Oct ?

No im suggesting that its possible that thats the excuse the governnor is usijg for his 'forced' resignation.

My excuse for not turning up on the 16th is that im an adult.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But I'm not offended (why would you say that?) I'm just pointing out that in one post you caution people to hear all the evidence first before drawing any conclusions and then you go and piss all over that sage advice by drawing your own very predictable and preconceived conclusions of what happened. Oh and d'oh, indeed.

There is no 'conclusion' as there is no story. Its an 'allegation'.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think you're taking this story far too much at face value. Something doesn't quite ring true with it, for me. I'm sure in time, the truth will out.

Fair point but if he was 'sacked' for another reason then I would expect the school to be able to say so immediately. The declined to comment or we'll comment later attitude of so many public bodies ( and the 'we don't comment on individual cases' statement ) drives me mad. They are either stupid or hiding something when they make those statements.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Despite you continually saying on here, in public, you were happy to meet up ?? How strange.

Not strange at all.. I turned up the first time. Second time, to be honest...I did consider it, but, like I said, if im defending myself, I will use anything
at my disposal, and would have been armed. It was a more delicious thought that the nitwit was frustrated, and wandering around hove rather than being
at home with his plumper.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The school might be right now taking action to suspend the head for misconduct. If this was a conversation between just the head and the chair, then it is one persons word against another. How could the school release a statement immediately if the governors or the LA feel they need to take action against the head?

In one post you say follow due process, in another you're effectively saying don't follow due process and give in to media hysteria, so far created from one persons point of view.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No im suggesting that its possible that thats the excuse the governnor is usijg for his 'forced' resignation.

My excuse for not turning up on the 16th is that im a coward who realised I'd pushed the 'bottler' jokes too far and I was probably going to get a bit of a hiding..
I can furnish screenshots of your PM's if you like ?

Jan 30, 2008
Not strange at all.. I turned up the first time. Second time, to be honest...I did consider it, but, like I said, if im defending myself, I will use anything
at my disposal, and would have been armed. It was a more delicious thought that the nitwit was frustrated, and wandering around hove rather than being
you're a little angel dave , I've seen a softer side of you:angel:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh come on - the Head can't just click her fingers and get rid of him. It would be the board of governors that got rid of him and they would have had to follow the process and document it. One might suggest that all they need to do is publish said documentation and the problem goes away but of course it might implicate the Head and governors - hence why they need time to make up their story.

Or they might be busy with other things?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Ño you didn't, there was no meet arranged, you told all and sundry that you'd be in wetherspoons on west st, somewhere safe with lots of cameras.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Sorry to offend you (again) buzzer...but a story on here that has the word 'claims' and 'allegedly' through the whole of it, doesnt mean anything.

oh and doh.

One use of 'claims' and one of 'allegedly' in the article itself. (And for completeness, one alleged)

Hardly "through the whole of it"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here