Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Lovely bloke but a bang average footballer, don't really get the 'Love In'

I sodding love him. He’s the PL Peter Smith with the mad conquistador look of yore, he’s the one, you know who’s worth the entrance fee alone... at once catastrophic and diabolic yet (there’s a small chance) he could do something utterly stupendous, one of those players who makes the whole crowd hush with a communal intake of breath - he’s a pinball wizard playing football and you just never know ! He’s a half full manager’s player, never going to work with a pragmatic professor of percentage like Chris, but likely to be the court jester of a king who likes a laugh when signing another PL managers death warrant.

Oh Marco, to the gibbet you go for the sport of the carrion crows.

beautiful post kosh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With you there.

Always put in a shift...not the most gifted....but was improving, then...long term injury, out on loan, no way back....and yet.... and yet...he finds himself subbed on for us in the PL. Tears? You betcha!

That's my take, anyway, for what it's worth :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I sodding love him. He’s the PL Peter Smith with the mad conquistador look of yore, he’s the one, you know who’s worth the entrance fee alone... at once catastrophic and diabolic yet (there’s a small chance) he could do something utterly stupendous, one of those players who makes the whole crowd hush with a communal intake of breath - he’s a pinball wizard playing football and you just never know ! He’s a half full manager’s player, never going to work with a pragmatic professor of percentage like Chris, but likely to be the court jester of a king who likes a laugh when signing another PL managers death warrant.

Oh Marco, to the gibbet you go for the sport of the carrion crows.

Post of the week. The majesty of redemption, even if only short-lived.

Some people just don't remember the MAGIC of football, now we are running in the PL hamster wheel...sad.

giphy.gif

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Always put in a shift...not the most gifted....but was improving, then...long term injury, out on loan, no way back....and yet.... and yet...he finds himself subbed on for us in the PL. Tears? You betcha!

That's my take, anyway, for what it's worth :thumbsup:

Happy to see him get a second chance, but I can't see where the extra skill he didn't possess before is going to come from.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
He ain't that gifted a player but I love the fact he got on today. Just look at the joy in his face. Go on, just look.
160A0C12-9251-4058-83D5-700420C05778.jpeg
Bless his little cotton socks, see what it meant to him.
#alwayslooksstoned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Happy to see him get a second chance, but I can't see where the extra skill he didn't possess before is going to come from.

Doesn't really matter. Sadly I doubt we will see much more of him. But that's for another day.... today was emotional. But I am a soft shite. :lolol::thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Posters have been very negative towards Montoya, for a while, and I've always said they're a little odd.
I can't do that after today.

Not Montoya' s fault that Dunk failed to spot his runs forward particularly in the first half, when a cross field ball would have released him into space behind the Everton defence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprised to see him back tbh but if the tactic was to stretch and confuse the opposition, and home fans alike, he is the man to do it.

Sadly a necessary edit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thought that he was awful when he came on and nowhere near as good as Montoya but full marks to him for coming back into contention.

That's a pat on the head if ever I heard one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Posters have been very negative towards Montoya, for a while, and I've always said they're a little odd.
I can't do that after today.

I was one of the posters criticising Montoya’s awful defending.

Then he puts in an 8 or 9 out of 10 in outclassing @BG’s Spuds.

Then today, Montoya seemed not in the game at all, a peripheral figure Everton simply brushed aside.

A strange one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Everton played well closing us down all over the pitch and the long ball to their nippy forwards caused us big problems

Very much as expected. I thought they would mug as like a Middlesbrough and they very nearly did. Everton are a deep defence long ball team away from home.

We were the team with nippy forwards.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I prefer Montoya who takes up some very good positions on the right wing and if he could deliver a dangerous cross he would be a certain starter for a long time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was one of the posters criticising Montoya’s awful defending.

Then he puts in an 8 or 9 out of 10 in outclassing @BG’s Spuds.

Then today, Montoya seemed not in the game at all, a peripheral figure Everton simply brushed aside.

A strange one.

He was poor today overall, but actually played well for 10 mins, then got into a spat with Richarlison, lost his concentration and was poor from then on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here