Saw 4 Albion players today...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Listen I saw Jimmy Case in Boots Churchill Square in 1982 with his wife, and it changed my life. Now he was a household name.

I stood next in the next urinal to him at Shades on the day he scored that QF goal against Norwich. I did say something like "Great goal Jimmy" and he mumbled something about hitting it well. He didn't seem too put out that a half-drunk bloke was disturbing him while having a piss.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Met Ian Culverhouse while watching the reserves play Arsenal at Boreham Wood years ago. I chatted to him throughout the game and as he drove out he waved farewell, he had removed his baseball hat to drive home I finally recognised him, I'd spent a whole match and half-time slagging off several Albion players, but fortunately not him. Nice bloke but he must of thought I was nuts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope Caldy's wife and kids are not getting too lonely, now that he has his NEW FAMILY to look after!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was once drawing some cash from the old HSBC in Dyke Road before a home game years ago and OGH was behind me in the queue.

Score a goal 2morow Gary I said. Cor you made me jump he said. He did in the 4-2 DEMOLITION of Macclesfield.

Years later I saw him in Oceana with Kerry Mayo. Photographic evidence somewhere.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was once drawing some cash from the old HSBC in Dyke Road before a home game years ago and OGH was behind me in the queue.

Score a goal 2morow Gary I said. Cor you made me jump he said. He did in the 4-2 DEMOLITION of Macclesfield.

Maybe that's all that is required? Someone to suggest to him that he should score a goal?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Maybe that's all that is required? Someone to suggest to him that he should score a goal?

Last time Gary Hart scored I was living in Bangalore and received a phone call about 3am from lots of drunken Brighton fans singing on a train home from Scunthorpe.

That was 2006, around September/October

A few weeks later, i got a drunken phone call from same people this time with a jubilant Sussex team in Nottingham, and I spoke to Mike Yardy and Kirtley I think

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A year or so ago (pre his injury) I met Jim McNulty and Kevin McLeod at the bar at Esporta in Falmer.. I chatted to them for a while (mainly Jim to be fair) about how he was settling in and the prospects for the coming season.

Another time, a few years ago, I was invited to attend an evening game at Charlton, as part of a corporate deal (dinner before the game as free drinks).

The game was dull, but at half time I bumped into Steve Gritt (who was I think reserve team coach or academy director), and we had a good chat about the Albion and his time as manager. Nice man.

Many years ago I met Peter Ward in Buckingham Park, Shoreham. He was out walking his great Dane, and was probably playing football (I played for Shoreham boys). I plucked up the courage to speak to him, and he was very friendly.. I've no idea what I said, it was probably something like 'I think you're great'. :p

D

Deleted User X18H

I am meeting a perspective client for coffee in the new Costa in Churchill Square in hour.

I will keep my eyes peeled for superstars.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Brez, Calderon, Baz and Battipiedi all coming out of Starbucks up town, They all walked past me and i never said a thing! :facepalm:

What would you have done?
I've said hello to a couple of players i've seen out when i've been drunk but just didn't seem right when sober!

Bad fan!

Upon meeting the four Amigos, I hugged and got my photo taken with Calde :bowdown: (much to the embassment of my missus), got Baz and Batti to sign a piece of reciept roll with a pen I stole from the bar and apparently just commented on the sheer size of Brezovan.

I think in the cold light of day I should have said nothing but hey I regret nothing!! the picture of Calde and I has replaced the one of me and the missus on the bookshelf much to her bemusement :clap2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
l flew up to Manchester many years ago, when we played United in the FA Cup, and seated across the aisle from me on the way back was a certain Gary Chivers.

Seemed a really nice guy, after chatting to him for half an hour, he said can l buy you a drink, very kind of him l thought . . . until l realised the following day that all alcoholic drinks on British Airways are free.

Still, its the thought that counts l guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports