Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sausages, Eggs, Beans and Chips

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'd say so. It omits tomatoes in any form...which is of course correct....and it includes black pudding which is of course also correct. I can just about tolerate grilled tomatoes but anyone who thinks those watery tinned plum tomatoes is a good idea needs to give their head a wobble.

optional extras fried bread, white pudding.
The trick with tinned plum toms is the same as with tinned strawberries, think of them as something completly different. Then they are fab, they just arent strawberries or tomatioes but still yummy (in the right place)
Tinned strawberries, jelly and evaporated milk used to be a regular thursday night "afters" at my Nans house after school (egg and chips for the main). Now I treat myself to a tin of strawberries at christmas-

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Delighted to finally see some pushback on the tyranny of baked beans on this thread, vile stuff which turns my stomach at the mere smell of it

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Because its not BREAKFAST.
Nowhere in the OP did it say that this was an anti-breakfast discussion.

The rules of conversation should be made clearer from the Gecko.

I fully appreciate that this is NSC and conversation rules rarely follow a straight line.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We’re badly showing our age and demographic here. Come on NSC, who’s up for some ethically-farmed avocado smash on sourdough? Anyone?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trick with tinned plum toms is the same as with tinned strawberries, think of them as something completly different. Then they are fab, they just arent strawberries or tomatioes but still yummy (in the right place)
Tinned strawberries, jelly and evaporated milk used to be a regular thursday night "afters" at my Nans house after school (egg and chips for the main). Now I treat myself to a tin of strawberries at christmas-
Which isn’t anywhere near a breakfast.

Point taken though.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
We’re badly showing our age and demographic here. Come on NSC, who’s up for some ethically-farmed avocado smash on sourdough? Anyone?
never having had smashed avacaedo on toast i thought id see wht all the fuss was about
i had some at Stanmer, and was quite possibly the worst breakfast ever, cold stodgy green muck ruining a perfectly good bit of toast.
Surely no-one actually likes it, it must be a case of emporers new clothes

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
never having had smashed avacaedo on toast i thought id see wht all the fuss was about
i had some at Stanmer, and was quite possibly the worst breakfast ever, cold stodgy green muck ruining a perfectly good bit of toast.
Surely no-one actually likes it, it must be a case of emporers new clothes
Did you think the avocado would somehow be hot?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd say so. It omits tomatoes in any form...which is of course correct....and it includes black pudding which is of course also correct. I can just about tolerate grilled tomatoes but anyone who thinks those watery tinned plum tomatoes is a good idea needs to give their head a wobble.

optional extras fried bread, white pudding.
I did ponder about fried bread in the mix but if it’s not done right it can be iffy. I wimped out and am now regretting my decision somewhat. Beans over toms always on my plate anyday.
Bread to mop up ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here