Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sausages, Eggs, Beans and Chips

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did ponder about fried bread in the mix but if it’s not done right it can be iffy. I wimped out and am now regretting my decision somewhat. Beans over toms always on my plate anyday.
Bread to mop up ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The trick with tinned plum toms is the same as with tinned strawberries, think of them as something completly different. Then they are fab, they just arent strawberries or tomatioes but still yummy (in the right place)
Tinned strawberries, jelly and evaporated milk used to be a regular thursday night "afters" at my Nans house after school (egg and chips for the main). Now I treat myself to a tin of strawberries at christmas-
They indeed are something different - from nice-tasting fresh tomatoes. Disgusting objects 🤢

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In Camelot, apparently they like it there.

Seriously though, never had spam - I think I’m put off by the fact it’s processed meat in a tin with weird jelly stuff which looks like dogfood on it.
I tried my dogs food yesterday and it was pretty much like a cheap corned beef. I could have had it in a sarnie if I had to with black pepper. My wife says I’m disgusting but as long as it isn’t fish I like to know on their behalf what things taste like,….. ok maybe it’s just me that does it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I tried my dogs food yesterday and it was pretty much like a cheap corned beef. I could have had it in a sarnie if I had to with black pepper. My wife says I’m disgusting but as long as it isn’t fish I like to know on their behalf what things taste like,….. ok maybe it’s just me that does it.
In our house the dog has my food.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did ponder about fried bread in the mix but if it’s not done right it can be iffy. I wimped out and am now regretting my decision somewhat. Beans over toms always on my plate anyday.
Bread to mop up ?
Bread but with an excessive amount of butter. I don’t know why, but excessive butter on the bread always works well with a full English or cod and chips.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In our house the dog has my food.
Our dogs have fresh meat probably three days a week. They enjoy a change to tinned meat though. I’ve got to go I need to lick my balls GB

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We’re badly showing our age and demographic here. Come on NSC, who’s up for some ethically-farmed avocado smash on sourdough? Anyone?
It’s great, love it. But because of what it is, it seems to carry a relatively high price. Not sure I’d find it on the menu at Mac’s cafe in Whitehawk …..yet! I just love the occasional “fry up” for breakfast and even for lunch (not on the same day) if there’s an “all day” breakfast on offer. Does anyone know where I can get a quick and easy cholesterol check?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here