Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They aren't all pathetic (not that anybody thought they all were):-

[tweet]1449338864607408128[/tweet]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Pondered on a new thread but settled to a link to a good news story re: the fan who needed attention and the Dr(s) who fortuitously were nearby.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58952280

Pleased to hear the fella's doing ok.

I was susprised that the stewards / St Johns in that stand didn't have quick and easy access to a defibrilator and had to rely on a player sending someone off down the tunnel to fetch one. Hopefully all clubs, including our own, will now ensure that there are sufficient defibs around every stadium to be close at hand when needed.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tim Sherwood said on the radio this morning he'd be happy to talk to them if Bruce was sacked. A steady pair of hands on the tiller.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tim Sherwood said on the radio this morning he'd be happy to talk to them if Bruce was sacked. A steady pair of hands on the tiller.

Good for Tim.

I'd also like to remind Scarlett Johansson that if she finds her marriage is looking a bit rocky she's more than welcome to stay on my sofa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I knew the guy was a plonker but did he really say that?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am amazed there is no talk of an "FC United of Newcastle" being set up.

Then again, perhaps not so surprised given the jubilation of the fans at selling the soul of their club.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Out of interest, is anyone thinking about organizing something for the newcastle game?

I'd hate to see this simply fade into the background and become accepted as just 'part of how football is now'.

Although history would strongly suggest that is what will happen, and I imagine it's what the new owners and their parasites are banking on. So far they must be delighted with how easily it's been turned into a good news story'

Be good to make sure that there is some kind of visible reminder to newcastle fans, MOTD pundits and Sky of who they are now in bed with.

I am angry enough, but have zero experience of organizing any kind of football related action. So if anyone out there is planning something and wants some help - or if anyone wants to get heads together and plan, then please do feel free to PM me.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just wondering what Newcastle can / will do prior to January transfer window.

-Sack Bruce / install new manager

-Can they bring in players who are out of contract, or who have their contract terminated to facilitate moving club?

-Can they take in loan players or is that blocked until the Jan window?

Given the quality of their team / squad, I can't help but think they will need to pull every lever possible if they are to avoid being further into the mire come January.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Out of interest, is anyone thinking about organizing something for the newcastle game?

I'd hate to see this simply fade into the background and become accepted as just 'part of how football is now'.

Although history would strongly suggest that is what will happen, and I imagine it's what the new owners and their parasites are banking on. So far they must be delighted with how easily it's been turned into a good news story'

Be good to make sure that there is some kind of visible reminder to newcastle fans, MOTD pundits and Sky of who they are now in bed with.

I am angry enough, but have zero experience of organizing any kind of football related action. So if anyone out there is planning something and wants some help - or if anyone wants to get heads together and plan, then please do feel free to PM me.

I suggested before, Yemen flags to show solidarity

Or

Jamal Khashoggi was 59 when murdered. Applause in the 59th minute? Could catch on

Whatever, obviously the club won't back anything so it would have to be fan led

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

-Can the bring in players who are out of contract, or who have their contract terminated to facilitate moving club?

Given the quality of their team / squad, I can't help but think they will need to pull every lever possible if they are to avoid being further into the mire come January.

I saw on twitter* that Eddie Howe was in talks to take over.

* which means it's probably not true

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

-Can the bring in players who are out of contract, or who have their contract terminated to facilitate moving club?

They've named their squad, but they do have a handy amount of time to get things in place behind the scenes, ie new manager, director of football etc

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Super Eddie Howe rumoured to be in talks. Rather them than us

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I suggested before, Yemen flags to show solidarity

Or

Jamal Khashoggi was 59 when murdered. Applause in the 59th minute? Could catch on

Whatever, obviously the club won't back anything so it would have to be fan led

Applause on 59th minute and distribute photos/images of Jamal Khashoggi for everyone to hold up.Would be good.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It is awful and shouldn't happen but i can't get rid of the voice in my head that says, well, but we (the UK) sell billions of pounds worth of arms to these same Saudis, so how can I get all uppity about it this..... and then there's City, Chelsea, PSG, the Qatar WC...... But I would stop giving the Albion my money if it happened to us (still stream of course) and support someone else instead until the wankers moved on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Applause on 59th minute and distribute photos/images of Jamal Khashoggi for everyone to hold up.Would be good.

I'm not so sure.
It wouldn't have to be acknowledged by commentary team and the cameras can just pull back from the action.

Yemeni flags is a much better idea as the flags will just be waved randomly throughout the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here